The Baader Planetarium Contrast Booster Filter for 1.25" Eyepieces is much more than a simple minus-violet filter. Based on the popular Baader Moon and Skyglow filter, the Baader Contrast-Booster takes contrast enhancement and skyglow reduction to the maximum level possible from a filter. Not only does this filter deliver a significant enhancement to planetary and lunar contrasts, but it is designed to also totally eliminate the damaging blue de-focused haze present in achromatic refractors. Gone are the annoying blue halo and obscuring haze that surround and smear resolution and contrast. Subtle contrasts and colors are boosted, while displaying the full resolution your scope is capable of.The Contrast-Booster combines a special proprietary melt of Neodymium glass with a carefully designed 23-layer dielectric long-pass blocker on one face and a 7-layer ultra-low anti-reflection coating on the other face. By aggressively filtering out the defocused blue wavelengths, a light yellow tint is imparted to objects (noticeably less than a typical yellow filter).The special coatings enable over 95% transmission across key portions of the visible spectrum (including H-Alpha). This results in a filter that retains the colors and color contrasts in tough subjects like Jupiter, without excessive image dimming. Cloud bands retain their ruddy red hues, but now become more striking in contrast. The Great Red Spot finally becomes easier. Planets and Lunarscapes are set against
- Blocks atmospheric "stray light," also known as skyglow. Sky background turns into pitch black
- Combines with the Baader Infrared Cut-Filter. In this combination all blue scatter as well as unfocused near infrared light is completely removed - an absolute must for digital imaging
- Completely removes distracting false color and the resulting smeared and washed out image details. You have never ever seen the Moon so tack sharp in an economy-priced telescope
- Eliminates the color error present in economy refractors
- Fits each and every standard filter thread
- No deterioration of resolution with magnifications of 150x and more unlike "raw polished" (flame polished) glass"
- Over 95% transmission. Provides a bright, brilliant image compared to the usual dark green filters that are used to bring out detail on Jupiter. Color recognition will be retained
- Planoptically polished, suitable for being used in front of a binocular viewer, or for afocal image projection during digital imaging (way in front of the focal plane
- Removes the bluish "hue" during lunar, planetary, solar, and terrestrial observation
- Strongly emphasizes surface detail on Jupiter and Mars. If you have never seen the GRS (Great Red Spot) on Jupiter - you will with this filter
- The ultimate in lunar filters. The Moon appears much more natural in color (with a slight yellowish tint), compared to the usual low-priced dark green Moon filters usually offered for beginner's telescopes
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.