The Baader Planetarium FFK-2 Fringe-Killer Filter provides the brightest image of all color-correcting filters currently on the market. The Baader Fringe-Killer Filter minimizes unwanted blue fringing, comparable to a Minus-Violet-Filter, while retaining a very pleasing color balance. This is only made possible by applying modern DWDM plasma-assisted coating technology, allowing almost a hundred coating layers to be accumulated onto a planoptically polished substrate without destroying the optical figure. This fine optical tool will help a small refractor achieve the magnification advertised on the box. Performance rivals that of the most expensive color correcting lens systems, costing 20 times more.The coatings required to accomplish this innovative filtration are exceedingly complex, requiring almost 50 layers per side, using the latest DWDM Plasma assisted coating process. The Fringe Killer has perhaps the most complex coating ever achieved on an amateur astronomical filter. The Fringe Killer is the perfect compliment to the Baader Contrast Booster. The Contrast Booster is an aggressive filter, designed to deliver the maximum sharpness and contrast possible from an achromat. The result is complete removal of the violet haze, with a somewhat dimmer and yellowier image.The Contrast Booster also incorporates additional RGB filtration for further enhancing color contrasts. Digital Imagers (CCD, DigiCam and Webcam) will find the Fringe Killer to be the ultimate
- Built-in Infrared Blocker (656 nm to 1150 nm) - great for CCD work or projection photography of the Moon and planets with digital cameras
- Built-in Infrared Blocker, ranging from 656 to 1150 nm, makes it the perfect tool for CCD work, as well as afocal projection photography with digital cameras for the Moon and planets
- Combine with the 2" Skyglow Filter for breathtaking contrast on lunar and planetary surface detail
- Combine with the Baader Red 610 nm color filter to receive an ultra narrow (-70 nm) wide H-Alpha passband filter at an amazing 95% peak transmission
- Forms a "plateau" of eff. 50% transmission in the blue spectral region from 450 nm to 480 nm, which is much more complex to produce than even the narrowest of all Nebula Filters
- No deterioration of resolution with magnification at 300 times or more, something that would not happen with the usual "flame polished" (raw polished) glass, commonly used for a wide variety of filters
- Offering the brightest image of all color-correcting devices in the industry, makes the Fringe-Killer a must for even the smallest of refracting (lens type) telescopes
- Planoptically polished to achieve perfect sharpness, even when mounted way in front of a binocular viewer, or during afocal projection (digital imaging)
- Plasma-assisted coating technology allows application of 50 coating layers on the glass without destroying the optical figure
- Plasma-assisted, hardest, scratch proof and water impermeable dielectric coatings of almost 50 coating layers on either side."
- Removes blue fringing as well as RED fringing above 656 nm
- Retains the highest light transmission of all known color correcting devices - be it filters or lenses - in all important deep sky wavelengths from 486/501 up to 656 nm
- The Baader Planetarium Fringe-Killer Filter is fully threaded and designed for 2" oculars
- The Baader Planetarium Fringe-Killer Filter removes unwanted blue and purple image fringing while still retaining a pleasing color balance
- The most subtle of color variations remain visible in planetary surface detail, due to the excellent color balance
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.