Inherit and Evolve! Since Astellandamp;Kern's initial unveiling of the Dual DAC-capable AK120 in May 2013, both sound resolution and affinity have been improved in their latest offering. The flagship model AK240 has been highly regarded for delivering mastering-level quality instrumentals with its improved Dual DAC and analog amplifier circuit system. The AK120 2nd Generation allows you to experience the highest sound quality by directly inheriting the sound design structure implemented in the AK240. Balanced Out and Dual DAC Dual DAC meets Balanced Output Astell andamp; Kern added the CS4398 Dual DAC and the balanced output method with sound quality proven through their flagship model. The AK120 2nd Generation provides the weighty sound through the CS4398 Dual DAC and the A-amp, while providing delicate melodies through the balanced output. Unbalanced vs. Balanced Output The unbalanced method is the most commonly used basic method which consists of "left and right signals + ground line". This setup includes a ground line which blocks out external noises from the outside. However, since the ground line cannot block out all of the external noises completely, external noises can be mixed into the signals that are transmitted, which then result in changes to the sound. The longer the signals travel, the more external noises that will be mixed into the sound which is why it is used within a short distance of 1 to 2 meters. Unlike the unbalanced method, the balanced method has an additional cold signal to compliment the hot signal which reduces the external noises. Supports DSD format up to 5.6MHz Everyone's become familiarized with the DSD format because of the AK120. However, because of the limited hardware functionality, the AK120 could only support DSD up to 2.8MHz with PCM conversion / downsampling to 88.1kHz. Thanks to the advanced hardware functionality and the DSD to PCM software, we can now provide playback support of DSD upto 5.6MHz. USB DAC The AK120 2nd Generation includes the USB DAC feature. Connect the AK120 2nd Generation to a PC or Mac and use it as a USB DAC that also supports DSD. With Dual DAC and the USB DAC feature, enjoy a richer resolution in sound that goes beyond the limitations of the sound card installed in your computer. MQS Streaming With the AK120 2nd Generation, you can now skip the complicated process of searching for music files, connecting to the PC, and downloading the files to the player. Simply connect the AK120 2nd Generation to your music collection on your computer in the same network to download and/or stream music! OTA (Over-The-Air) Upgrade It has been 13 years since iriver has used the term: firmware. It already has been 13 years since when our customers had to check their email or look for notifications on the iriver website to look for new firmware. Now, as long as you are connected to Wi-Fi, Astell andamp; Kern notifies you of firmware updates as soon as they launch and from wherever you are. Astell andamp; Kern users receive firmware updates immediately. Full Touch Screen Astell andamp; Kern implemented a 3.31 inch AMOLED screen that is approximately 82% larger than the screen used in the original AK120. Users can access and see more information on the larger AMOLED screen. Classical music tracks that contrain titles that are too long to be displayed on screen, are now marked with two lines on the music list for easier navigation. The search function enables you to easily find the music you want to hear. A more detailed 10-band/0.5dB step EQ A more accurate EQ setting is featured by doubling the bands from 5 to 10 and halving the dB steps from 1dB to 0.5dB. With the user EQ settings, you can make custom EQ settings to fit each music genre and change them when desired. 128GB + microSD 128GB The AK120 2nd Generation includes 128GB of internal flash storage. With the addition of a 128GB microSD card, the AK120 2nd Generation supports up to a total memory of 256GB. With 128GB of internal memory, the AK120 2nd Generation can store about 1,250 MQS (24bit/96kHz, 4 minute-long, 90MB) songs. Specifications General Specifications Body Color: Stone Silver Body Material: Aluminum Display: 3.31inch WVGA (480 x 800) AMOLED Touchscreen andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp;andnbsp; Supported Audio Formats: andnbsp; WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF ,andnbsp; FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF ,DSD : DSD64 , DSD128 Output Level: Unbalance 2.0Vrms / Balance 1.7Vrms (Condition No Load) DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x2 (Dual DAC) Decoding: Support up to 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging andamp; data transfer (PC andamp; MAC)) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device) Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported) Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz) Bluetooth: V4.0 Dimensions: 2.16 "(55 mm) [W] x 4.37 "(111 mm) [H] x 0.58 "(14.9 mm) [D] Weight: 6.24 oz (170 g) Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported(OTA) andnbsp; andnbsp;
- Rear Output
- Built-in Memory-128GB
- Card Slot-Micro SDHC
- Flash Drive-128GB
- Headphone Jack-3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
- Optical-Rear Input
- USB Port-Micro
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.