Although slide presentations have taken a back seat to computer-based technologies, the long-term, safe storage of precious 35mm originals is as important as ever; perhaps more so. First, make sure to take them out of plastic pages, particularly PVC vinyl ones and store them in archivally safe boxes for a compact system. Each box safely stores 200 standard, cardboard mounted slides. The box will hold approximately 100 glass-mounted slides.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp.
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5