SmartStar-G GPS AltAzimuth Telescope Mount, Astro Blue "The Cube" Alt-Azimuth MountThe SmartStar-G comes with the patented Alt-Azimuth telescope mount, a.k.a." TheCube". This compact mount design is probably the most functional & flexible unit on the marketBoth axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with all telescopes using a dove-tail connectionIn addition, there are no "dead spots" so you can point your telescope to ANYWHERE above the horizon, whereas, other mounts block the telescope tube at certain points of rotation. This mount also comes standard with AC connection. An optional DC adaptor is available so you can plug your telescope motor into your car if you're camping or at any remote locationOTA's with dovetail connection & a weight limit of less than 11 lbs.(including finder scope & camera) are compatible with the SmartStarTM-G GPS AltAzi telescope mount. (If you do not have a dovetail connection, attach your OTA using mounting rings & dovetail available at your local telescope store or the OTA manufacturer)The most easy to understand controller on the marketThe GoToNova Controller is much easier to use than other similar products. The hand controller is more intuitive with menu categories better organizedIt also has a larger LCD screen with more lines of content compared with the competition. Using the easy-to-use hand controller & its large LCD screen, you can easily set up your telescope & select where you want to goMore precise speed control for viewing objectsThe control system also allows you to slew the telescope at 9 different driveUSB PortThe 8402 hand controller comes with a USB port that tremendously expands the functionalities of the already powerful system. With the USB2COM driver installed, the USB port works as an RS232 serial port. It supports firmware upgrades & computer controlWith ASCOM protocol, you can control your telescope with most ASCOM compatible software. This enables you to utilize the CPU, large screen, & disk space of your PC/laptop. With a wide selection of software, your star gazing experience will never be the same againSimply a better tripodMade of 1-inch heavy-duty stainless steel the SmartStar Tripod is sturdy, elegant, & gives the user unparalleled stability during operation. Solid construction joints keep mount locked securely. With an all-metal support system your valuable telescope will keep still even on a windy nightGoToNova Computerized Control SystemThe revolutionary GoToNova computerized control system is by far the most technologically advanced automated tracking system available on the market todayWith a database of 50,000 celestial objects, including all of the most famous galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, not to mention the planets, you'll be able to enjoy star gazing with the simple push of a button. Includes 32-channel GPS module.
- 50,000 object database plus 256 user-defined objects
- All G-series telescope mounts come standard with a 32-channel GPS module for fully automated operation and alignment.
- AltAzimuth Telescope Mount The" Cube," The only mount of its kind for ultimate rotation
- Compatible with most tubes on the market:
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Dual-axis Servomotor
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- If you do not have a dovetail connection, attach your OTA using mounting rings and dovetail available from your OTA manufacturer
- Includes the GoToNova Controller. The most intuitive controller on the market.
- It has the magnification and light-gathering power of a refractor telescope fivetimes its size delivering large, clear images of celestial objects deep in the night-sky.
- Maksutov-Cassegrains 150mm and below
- Newtonian reflectors (if more than 40" may block tripod at certain spots)
- OTA's with dovetail connection and a weight limit of less than 11 lbs. (including finder scope and camera) are compatible with the SmartStarTM-G GPS AltAzi telescope mount.
- Payload: 7-11 lbs, depending on tubes and attachments
- Refractors (not more than 40")
- Schmidt-Cassegrains 8" and below
- Simply turn on the GoToNova Controller and the GPS module will automatically synchronize your telescope location and time with the GoToNovaTM computerized control system.
- Standard-equipment AC connection (Optional DC adaptor available)
- The largest LCD screen on the market with 8 lines and 21-character Hand Control with backlit LED buttons.
- The SmartStar-G-MC90 telescope system is the ideal choice for deep space viewing and astrophotography.
- This 90mm-diameter Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope dramatically reduces the chromatic aberration that plagues its Refractor counterparts and has a focal length of 1200mm.
- This light weight, ultra-compact scope offers a great combination of power and transportability, and brings stargazing to a whole other level.
- USB Port for PC Laptop control and firmware upgrades (ASCOM protocol)
- View celestial objects without having to manually punch in the date, time, latitude or longitude