SmartStar-G GPS AltAzimuth Telescope Mount, Astro Blue "The Cube" Alt-Azimuth MountThe SmartStar-G comes with the patented Alt-Azimuth telescope mount, a.k.a." TheCube". This compact mount design is probably the most functional & flexible unit on the marketBoth axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with all telescopes using a dove-tail connectionIn addition, there are no "dead spots" so you can point your telescope to ANYWHERE above the horizon, whereas, other mounts block the telescope tube at certain points of rotation. This mount also comes standard with AC connection. An optional DC adaptor is available so you can plug your telescope motor into your car if you're camping or at any remote locationOTA's with dovetail connection & a weight limit of less than 11 lbs.(including finder scope & camera) are compatible with the SmartStarTM-G GPS AltAzi telescope mount. (If you do not have a dovetail connection, attach your OTA using mounting rings & dovetail available at your local telescope store or the OTA manufacturer)The most easy to understand controller on the marketThe GoToNova Controller is much easier to use than other similar products. The hand controller is more intuitive with menu categories better organizedIt also has a larger LCD screen with more lines of content compared with the competition. Using the easy-to-use hand controller & its large LCD screen, you can easily set up your telescope & select where you want to goMore precise speed control for viewing objectsThe control system also allows you to slew the telescope at 9 different driveUSB PortThe 8402 hand controller comes with a USB port that tremendously expands the functionalities of the already powerful system. With the USB2COM driver installed, the USB port works as an RS232 serial port. It supports firmware upgrades & computer controlWith ASCOM protocol, you can control your telescope with most ASCOM compatible software. This enables you to utilize the CPU, large screen, & disk space of your PC/laptop. With a wide selection of software, your star gazing experience will never be the same againSimply a better tripodMade of 1-inch heavy-duty stainless steel the SmartStar Tripod is sturdy, elegant, & gives the user unparalleled stability during operation. Solid construction joints keep mount locked securely. With an all-metal support system your valuable telescope will keep still even on a windy nightGoToNova Computerized Control SystemThe revolutionary GoToNova computerized control system is by far the most technologically advanced automated tracking system available on the market todayWith a database of 50,000 celestial objects, including all of the most famous galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, not to mention the planets, you'll be able to enjoy star gazing with the simple push of a button. Includes 32-channel GPS module.
- 32-Channel GPS
- 50,000 object database plus 256 user-defined objects
- All G-series telescope mounts come standard with a 32-channel GPS module for fully automated operation and alignment.
- AltAzimuth Telescope Mount The" Cube," The only mount of its kind for ultimate rotation
- Compatible with most tubes on the market:
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Dual-axis Servomotor
- G-R80 Entry Level telescope system. Designed with the latest technology the 80 mm lens is crafted with a fluorite based, low dispersion glass that is ground and polished to exact specifications.
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- If you do not have a dovetail connection, attach your OTA using mounting rings and dovetail available from your OTA manufacturer
- Includes the GoToNovaTM Controller. The most intuitive controller on the market.
- Maksutov-Cassegrains 150mm and below
- Newtonian reflectors (if more than 40" may block tripod at certain spots)
- OTA's with dovetail connection and a weight limit of less than 11 lbs. (including finder scope and camera) are compatible with the SmartStarTM-G GPS AltAzi telescope mount.
- Payload: 7-11 lbs, depending on tubes and attachments
- Refractors (not more than 40")
- Schmidt-Cassegrains 8" and below
- Simply turn on the GoToNovaTM Controller and the GPS module will automatically synchronize your telescope location and time with the GoToNovaTM computerized control system.
- Standard-equipment AC connection (Optional DC adaptor available)
- The G-R80 400mmf/5 OTA is an 80mm Acromatic Refractor Telescope which comes with a 5x24 Finderscope for locating objects, designed to work with the G Series SmartStar Mount system
- The largest LCD screen on the market with 8 lines and 21-character Hand Control with backlit LED buttons.
- The precision design is excellent for viewing bright stars, planets and their moons, as well as for bird watching and other land objects
- Two eye pieces come standard to allow for flexibility in viewing either a wider field or a single focused object.
- USB Port for PC Laptop control and firmware upgrades (ASCOM protocol)
- View celestial objects without having to manually punch in the date, time, latitude or longitude
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.