The C-1U is a digital home recording or podcasting enthusiast?s dream come true. This professional quality condenser microphone is identical to the acclaimed BEHRINGER C-1 mic with one awesome difference: it?s has a built-in USB interface so you can be ready to record faster than ever, and with minimal preparation and equipment. Just plug it into your computer and start recording!What is a USB Condenser Microphone?The primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations, condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. Unlike a dynamic microphone, a condenser microphone collects sound from throughout an environment such as a room, rather than only picking up what?s happening directly in front of it. It is capable of capturing much more detail with a wider, flatter frequency response. Trouble is, conventional condenser microphones aren?t made to interface with a computer - you have to provide a microphone preamplifier and an analog to USB interface.The C-1U has a built-in USB interface that derives the needed power directly from your computer?s USB input and requires no special drivers. Just plug in and start recording your masterpiece!Does Awesome Sound Come Any Easier?The short answer is no. Unlike most other USB microphones, you won?t need to download any additional drivers to begin using the C-1U right out of the box-it even works with Vista! You also get an extensive software package with Audacity for recording, Kristal Audio Engine for editing and multitracking, Podifier uploading software and PodNova downloading software. It works like this: Connect the mic to your PC or Mac. Load Audacity and save your recording onto your hard drive. Now load the included Kristal software and you can edit your recording or add tracks. Now you?re ready to upload your work onto the Web via Podifier.Sound That Astounds!Getting started with the C-1U may seem like child?s play, but this pro-caliber microphone is anything but a toy. It has an exceptionally flat frequency response and pristine sonic resolution that ensures content-rich audio that is as natural sounding as the original source. The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. The C-1U?s ultra low-noise, transformerless FET input circuitry can handle extreme dynamics, all the way up to 136 dB, with ruler-flat frequency response from 40 Hz to 20 kHz. That means that even if the special guest on your next podcast happens to be a revved-up jet engine, this workhorse mic will not distort!Here?s Why You Need a C-1U? Far better sound quality than the dynamic microphones you?re probably using now With its built-in USB interface and comprehensive software package, just plug in and start laying down tracks You don?t have to download any new drivers, and it?s perfectly compatible with Windows XP/Vista and Mac Includes swivel stand mount and carrying case
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Comprehensive podcasting and audio editing software (Podifier, Juice, PodNova, Golden Ear, Audacity) for computers, both PC and Mac
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- Directly works with your PC or Mac computer-ultra-low latency ASIO and WDM drivers for PC audio optimization included
- Exceptionally flat frequency response and ultra-high sound resolution perfect for voice, acoustic instruments, etc.
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Plug this amazing USB-mic straight into your computer and turn your PC or Mac computer into a recording system without the need for any other hardware
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Professional, large-diaphragm condenser microphone with built-in USB interface, ideal for podcasters and musicians
- Swivel stand mount included
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- USB connection cable included
- Mic Connectivity Type : USB
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.