Open Architecture Converters! The Blackmagic Design OpenGear Converter HDMI to SDI is ideal for converting from non copy protected HDMI devices to SDI out with embedded SDI audio from the HDMI input. Now you can convert HDMI video devices to SDI, or add SDI outputs to computers with HDMI compatibility! OpenGear Converter Models: SDI to Analog - Converts SDI to component/s-video/composite and AES/EBU or analog audio. Analog to SDI - Converts component/s-video/composite and AES/EBU or analog audio to SDI. SDI to HDMI - Converts SDI to HDMI video and audio. HDMI to SDI - Converts HDMI video and audio to SDI. SDI to Audio - De-Embeds from SDI to 4 ch analog or 8 ch of AES/EBU audio. Audio to SDI - Embeds 4 ch analog or 8 ch AES/EBU audio to SDI. Includes sample rate converters. Optical Fiber - Converts SDI to optical fiber SDI and optical fiber SDI to SDI. Bi-directional. UpDownCross - Convert between multiple SD and HD video standards with high quality up, down and cross conversion. Sync Generator - Outputs 10 black burst or tri-sync reference outputs. SDI Distribution - Distributes HD signal to several devices at once. TV industry's open standard for rack based conversion! The new Blackmagic OpenGear Converters give you a great range of conversion, all packed with the latest video technologies at an affordable price! Get the freedom and cost savings of an open standard combined with centralized network control and monitoring using the OpenGear DashBoard software on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux! OpenGear was invented by Ross Video as an open standard for rack mount converters and processing for television broadcasters. OpenGear uses a 2 rack unit rack frame that normally holds up to 10 plug in cards or, when using simpler cards, a double density frame can be used to hold up to 20 cards. Many manufacturers develop OpenGear cards and frames that can be mixed and matched. OpenGear gives customers the freedom to build their facilities without being locked into a proprietary rack standard. Redundant SDI Input Blackmagic OpenGear Converter models SDI to Analog and SDI to Audio, feature a unique redundant SDI input for mission critical or live broadcast tasks. Simply connect a redundant cable to the second input and if the main SDI input is lost, Blackmagic OpenGear Converters will automatically switch over in an instant. A loop-through SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices. You can also loop to other Blackmagic OpenGear Converters when de-embedding more audio channels. Built in AES/EBU or Analog Audio Blackmagic OpenGear Converters feature 24 bit analog and 24 bit digital audio. You can select either analog or AES/EBU digital audio via mini switches, or remotely via the DashBoard network control software. Blackmagic OpenGear Converters will then switch to use either analog or AES/EBU digital audio. Blackmagic OpenGear Converters support the standard 2 ch and 4 ch audio rear modules, so they can be used with other brand OpenGear products. Easy to Use Blackmagic OpenGear Converters are similar, so they're easy to understand. With advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology, every card is fully compatible with all your SD and HD equipment, plus you can update new formats via USB. Blackmagic OpenGear Converters can be set up via mini switches, DashBoard, or via USB using Blackmagic Design's Converter Utility. That's three completely different ways to configure, so you're never stuck in a critical live situation.
- 1080PsF/24, 720p/50 and new formats can added via USB.
- Auto Switching SD and HD: Blackmagic OpenGear Converters instantly switch between all SD and HD video formats the instant the video input changes. A huge range of standards are supported including NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080PsF/23.98,
- Built in AES/EBU or Analog Audio: It has 24 bit analog and 24 bit digital audio. You can select either analog or AES/EBU digital audio via mini switches, or remotely via the DashBoard network control software. It's converter will then switch to use
- Changing Settings: With it you have three easy ways to change settings. You can use the network based OpenGear Dashboard software, built in mini switches, or even plug into the front mounted USB connection and Converter Utility.
- Easy to Use: With advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology, every card is fully compatible with all your SD and HD equipment, plus you can update new formats via USB. Blackmagic It can be set up via mini switches, DashBoard, or via USB using Converter Utility.
- either analog or AES/EBU digital audio.
- High Quality: Blackmagic OpenGear Converters are built to the highest quality standards with low SDI jitter. You get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with ultra low noise analog video and audio for a true broadcast quality solution.
- Includes Rear Modules: It converters include the rear module so you get a complete converter without any extra parts to buy. This means you can purchase any OpenGear rack frame without rear modules so you don't waste money purchasing rear modules you
- might not need.
- Open Architecture Converters: OpenGear is an open standard for rack mount converters and processing for television broadcasters. OpenGear uses a 2 rack unit rack frame that holds up to 10 plug in cards, or a double density frame can be used to hold
- Uncompressed Video Quality: SDI uses a higher data rate than DV, so it's got the speed to handle full resolution video in standard definition or high definition completely uncompressed."
- up to 20 cards.