Blackmagic Design Pocket UltraScope The Blackmagic Pocket UltraScope is a small pod with a 3 Gb/s SDI input that connects to any USB 3.0 computer for professional waveform monitoring. When running on a notebook or desktop PC with a 1920 x 1080 display, Pocket UltraScope allows simultaneous display of 6 waveform views including: RGB/YUV parade display, composite waveform, vector, histogram, 8 channel audio meters, stereo audio scope and picture view. When used with smaller screens, Pocket UltraScope allows a smaller 2 view window to be selected. Pocket UltraScope automatically detects the input video format, and switches between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s 1080p SDI formats. Blackmagic UltraScope is technically accurate, which is perfect for master monitoring and quality control tasks. Pocket UltraScope Features 3G SDI (3 Gb/s) input, supports automatic switching between SD and HD. 8 channels of SDI audio. USB 3.0 connection to desktop and notebook computers. Powers via USB 3.0 connection, allows powering via notebook battery. Full 10 bit quality, with display of detected video standard. Includes parade, waveform, vector, histogram, audio and video scopes. Supports Windows computers. The UltraScope Family You can display UltraScope on a computer's monitor or laptop display, using either a PCIe or USB 3.0 computer interface to connect your video source. Blackmagic UltraScope's PCIe card can be installed into Mac or PC workstations and Pocket UltraScope is powered by its USB 3.0 connection for ultimate portability when using a laptop.SmartScope Duo 4K features two independent 8" displays and looks like a dual rack monitor. You can assign any scope view to either display or choose to view a picture feed with a scope next to it! Elegant Design Blackmagic UltraScope features an ultra compact PCIe card so it can be built inside your computer. Pocket UltraScope is a super tough and super tiny USB 3.0 pod style design that's perfect for use with laptops, so you get extremely portable waveform 3.9 monitoring that you can take on the road. SmartScope Duo 4K features a 3 RU design with two screens that can be rotated upside down for the optimum viewing angle when placed in the extreme top or bottom of a rack! Broadcast Accurate Waveform Monitoring The world's first waveform monitoring designed for editors and colorists, with the technical accuracy broadcast engineers will love! All models feature the most popular and useful scopes for all your creative and broadcast engineering use. If you're building technical monitoring then the waveform, YUV parade and vectorscope are ideal. If you're a colorist working on the look of your images then RGB parade, vectorscope and histogram let you see the balance of colors as you work. When you're shooting on set, then histogram and audio scopes let you keep track of your lens settings and audio! There really is a scope for everyone!
- Audio view for Monitoring Levels: Keep track of your audio levels at all times with 8 channels of audio metering, plus a stereo phase meter. The stereo phase meter plots left and right audio, as an XY scope display so you know exactly what your audio is at all times.
- Component Vectorscope View: A vectorscope is the only way to see what color you have. When color correcting video, sometimes you need to know color has been removed or nulled out for accurate white balance and vectorscope view is perfect.
- Elegant and Engineering Accurate: The new Pocket UltraScope plugs into USB 3.0 computers and is perfect for portable notebook use and it even powers via USB from your notebook battery.
- Histogram for Location Shoots: Histogram view lets you see where the pixels are in your video and how they are distributed from black to white. You can see if video is clipping and then it's easy to adjust the camera to keep all black and white detail in the image.
- Incredible Speed USB 3.0: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is the new USB connection standard for computers that's 10 times faster than regular USB. That's a blistering 4.8 Gb/s, which easily handles the highest quality 10 bit uncompressed 1080HD video.
- Industrial Strength Cabling: When your company becomes larger, SDI cabling is ideal. With SDI, it's easy to find engineers who can custom make BNC cables that are strong enough to run under floors and up above in cable trays.
- Industry Standard Format: Connect to any SDI deck for all industry tape formats, from DV, Digital Betacam, D1, up to HDCAM SR and HD D-5. Using capture cards such as Blackmagic Design's DeckLink, you can capture to formats such as JPEG, DV to uncompressed 8 bit, 10 bit or RGB 10 bit.
- Parade Display for Colorists: When color correcting video, nothing beats the real time RGB parade waveform view. You can see the color balance in blacks, mids and whites, so it's easy to balance colors and get your images looking perfect.
- Picture View with VITC Timecode: The picture view lets you keep track of the video input so you always know what's going on and what video input is connected into your UltraScope.
- Serial Digital Interface: For over a decade high end post production companies have used the Serial Digital Interface (SDI) to connect all kinds of equipment together at the highest quality possible.
- Standard Definition an HDTV: Most people run standard definition for 80% or more of their work, but need High Definition capability from time to time. You can immediately switch between SD or HD depending on the type of job that comes along.
- Uncompressed Video Quality: SDI uses a higher data rate than DV, so it's got the speed to handle full resolution video in standard definition or high definition completely uncompressed.
- Waveform Display for Alignments: When adjusting video levels or matching black background levels when keying, the waveform display is ideal for this task! Waveform view has a setting that's luminance only or composite.