This UV Filter blocks the invisible UV component of light from the sky, which can cause blur and to which many color films react with a blue cast. These filters should be called UV-Blocking Filters, because there are filters for technical applications that pass UV radiation and block all the other wavelengths. Nevertheless, the short term inUV Filterin has become established among photographers. UV Filters are ideal for photography in high altitudes (in the mountains), by the sea and in regions with very clean air. The pictures gain brilliance and disturbing blue casts are avoided. Because the glass is colorless, color rendition is not altered, aside from the elimination of the unwanted blue cast, and no increase in exposure is required. That makes a UV Filter very suitable as protection of the front element of the taking lens against dust, flying sand, sea water spray and the like, and it can be kept on the lens at all times. It is recommended for analog color and black-and-white as well as digital photography. B+W XS-PRO Digital Filter Series . All XS-Pro filters employ a newly developed mounting ring that is especially suited for SLRs with wide angle and zoom lenses. The extremely thin design prevents the mounting ring from vignetting in even the widest shots. B+W XS-Pro Digital Filters have front threads for mounting additional accessories such as filters, screw on shades and lens covers. XS-Pro filter rings are made of brass and are
- All XS-Pro Digital mounts are made of brass and are matte black to prevent reflections."
- Improves light transmission from about 92% (uncoated glass) to about 98%
- MRC Nano coating makes it easier to clean the filter - water will bead up faster
- NANO coating also has certain anti-reflective properties that help prevent against ghosting and internal flaring
- Nano coating is an outer layer of protection that comes standard with all XS-Pro Digital MRC filters
- Single coating is applied one layer on each glass surface - it improves light transmission from about 92% (uncoated glass) to about 98%
- This UV Filter blocks the invisible UV component of light from the sky, which can cause blur and to which many color films react with a blue cast.