A B + W 58mm XS-Pro Digital NANO Multi-Coated (MRC) Clear #007 Filter is for color as well as black and white photography. It also serves as a permanent lens protector. The value of a clear filter covering a lens has been well-documented over the years. How many stories have we all heard about photographers dropping lenses and smashing front elements? With a front lens protection filter on, the chances of preserving the valuable glass in your lens increases many fold. Shall we call it a form of inexpensive insurance. B + W's Multi-Coated (MRC) coating takes filter production to a new level. It features improved cleaning capabilities. Water droplets will bead up better and be easier to remove from the filter. This filter is also scratch-resistant. Single coating is applied to one layer on each glass surface. This improves light transmission from about 92% (uncoated glass) to about 98%. It also has certain anti-reflective properties that help prevent against ghosting and internal flaring.XS-Pro filters are extra thin but still retain front threads. The filter ring is made from brass yielding a stronger product. Brass filter rings are also less prone to jamming. In addition, the seal between the glass and filter ring is exceptionally strong giving the filter added strength and durability. The excellent Schott Glass used in the manufacturing of this filter is legendary and synonymous with the highest standards of filter production.The reputation of B + W's Schott glass is world renowned. The high production standards combined with a sturdy brass filter ring make B + W filters hard to beat. These filters have a "heft" to them that is impressive. They may feel heavier but the benefit is in the construction and results. Not only is the glass exceptional but so is the seal between the ring and glass. Schott Glass used in the manufacture of this filter is legendary and synonymous with the highest standards of filter production.In production, the filter glass is dropped into the empty filter ring from the rear and held in place with a threaded retaining ring; this is a definite advantage over a competitor who uses a spring clip to hold the glass in place. A threaded retaining ring will hold the glass firmly and securely in place to avoid the possibility of rattling and provide perfect paralleling and flatness to your front lens element for ideal optics. The part about additional filters not binding is due to the fact that brass is a very stable metal and does not contract or expand like alloy.
- Improves light transmission from about 92% (uncoated glass) to about 98%
- MRC Nano coating makes it easier to clean the filter - water will bead up faster
- NANO coating also has certain anti-reflective properties that help prevent against ghosting and internal flaring
- Nano coating is an outer layer of protection that comes standard with all XS-Pro Digital MRC filters
- Single coating is applied one layer on each glass surface - it improves light transmission from about 92% (uncoated glass) to about 98%
|Brand||B + W|
|Manufacturer||B + W|
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.