Designed for serious amateurs and pros, Promote? Control is an advanced remote control for digital SLR cameras from various manufacturers. It opens new doors for your creativity with its superior automation and intuitive ease of use. It will have you taking High Dynamic Range (HDR) photographs, time-lapse sequences and much more in a flash. With the Promote Control, you can gain unprecedented, advanced control over your SLR camera in ways that will save you time, especially when taking either traditional or HDR photos. Capture the World in a Whole New Light: Among a multitude of easy-to-use features, Promote Control offers unique flexibility for exposure bracketing, which is commonly used to create High Dynamic Range images. High Dynamic Range, or HDR imaging quickly gains popularity these days, thanks to stunning detail and tone range rendition. Promote Control propels HDR imaging forward by offering unparalleled flexibility, allowing for bracketing step variability previously not possible with in-camera bracketing modes. Promote Control can also automatically put the camera into Bulb mode as appropriate when performing bracketed exposures longer than 30 seconds, requiring no further user intervention. The resulting images can be processed in a software application of choice to create a highly realistic image with a wide tonal range. One of the most useful features of the Promote Control is an advanced Time-Lapsemode normally found only in middle to high end professional SLR cameras. Users can now perform Time-Lapse photography with any camera supported by Promote Control, including affordable entry level digital SLR cameras. An optional startdelay can be specified to start a Time-Lapse sequence after a certain time period has elapsed. Get Sharper Photographs: In order to boost the quality of their photographs, users can easily setup their Promote Control unit to perform a fully automatic, user-defined delay for Mirror Lock-Up before every picture is taken. Locking the mirror before taking a picture gives a tripod-based camera the ultimate stability required to take a perfectly sharp photograph. The Promote Control brings this important feature to every photographer's workflow in a seamless, sensible way. * (* Some features are subject to be supported by the camera, and may require an optional separate shutter cable. Shutter cable availability may vary by the camera brand and model.) Because it's highly customizable, the Promote Control can be calibrated to match your personal preferences. Moreover, the Promote Control's firmware is upgradeable, so the device will stay up-to-date with the latest functionality and enhanced capabilities of future camera models.
- * Some features are subject to be supported by the camera, and may require an optional separate shutter cable. Shutter cable availability may vary by the camera brand and model.
- A non-exhaustive list of supported cameras includes the following brands and models:
- A passive camera pre-focus and release functionality remains functional as a backup even when the remote control is out of power *
- Advanced easy-to-configure "Time-Lapse Mode" with optional sequence start delay
- Allows for unparalleled flexibility with automatic 30 second exposures in bulbmode - even in HDR sequences *
- Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 1000D
- Device firmware updates can be applied from a personal computer via USB interface.
- External power jack for timing especially long exposures for astrophotography and other similar applications
- Improved user interface featuring flexible user-definable settings
- Large, easy to read liquid crystal display featuring RGB backlight of variable intensity
- Nikon: D3, D3X, D2X, D2Xs, D2H, D2Hs, D200, D300, D700, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D5000
- Optional multi-tone audible feedback
- Optional user-defined Mirror-Up timeout available in all modes *
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, the most easily obtainable power source
- Replaces and extends manufacturer-specific remote controls
- The Promote Control is compatible with digital cameras supporting an industry standard PTP/MTP protocol for controlling camera functions over USB interface.
- The shutter cable is not required for general operation and is optional.
- Weather-resistant design for water and dust resiliency
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.