Hand-Supported Camera Stabilizer....Most photographers have had occasion to take night or low light photographs that cry out for a tripod and haven't had one, especially when traveling. What to do? One common solution is to hold the camera against the nearest solid object, a wall or post, and hope for the best. This provides some measure of stability, but is awkward and uncertain. A camera body isn't designed to connect to anything but your hand or a tripod.HandlePod solves the problem with a 3-axis rotating camera mount attached to a comfortable handle backed by 4 rubber-tipped feet. Hold the HandlePod against any solid surface, aim the camera and shoot. Light hand pressure and the four high-friction rubber feet assure a stable, non-slip camera platform that eliminates motion blur just like a tripod. Yet HandlePod fits in a pocket and weighs just four ounces. It is the only tripod alternative device that depends on the one tool you always have handy, your hand!4 feet take on the real world. 3 tripod legs agreat on a level surface like the ground. But a lot of potential camera supports are vertical. Often they are not flat but round or have corners not tripod friendly. HandlePod's 4 rubber-tipped feet will straddle round or cornered surfaces for solid 4-point contact and a firm, motion-free grip. And it works on a flat surface too. On level ground or a tabletop it is self-supporting just like a mini-tripod.Elastic shock cord assures solid connection. HandlePod comes with an elastic cord for a firm attachment to anything you can wrap the cord around. And it stretches to over 4 feet so large objects are no problem. Power poles, tree trunks, sign posts, all are potential camera supports for the HandlePod. Just slip the cord into the slot in the handle, wrap it around any convenient object and cinch the free end back in the slot.This holds the camera firmly in place for hands-free operation perfect for self-portraits. Pressure from the elastic on the HandlePod's rubber feet offers another benefit, absolute rigidity! Properly secured with the shock cord, the HandlePod is impossible to move.Use it in places where bendy legs, Velcro straps, or sticky back devices don't stand a chance moving vehicles, for example. HandlePod will attach to a car mirror, motorcycle forks, roll bars on an ATV, anything you can attach the cord to for fabulous moving video. And HandlePod won't come loose no matter how rough things get.Sometimes you just need a good handle. HandlePod also helps in situations where a support object isin't available. It's handle rovides a firm grip and improved leverage for hand-held photos in low light. The handle extends to the side of the camera for more steadying power and a solid, two-handed grip. This is an important advantage with today's extremely small, lightweight still and video cameras. Since all digital cameras today will shoot video, some in HD, HandlePod also helps eliminate jumpy, shaky video that is hard to avoid with such small cameras. HandlePod enhances the built in camera stabilization for smoother shake-free video. HandlePod's features make it the logical tripod alternative. Three-axis rotation makes composition easy. The camera can be pointed in any direction without the limitations found in ball joints. The camera mount operates by friction only, no locking mechanism to loosen and secure. Camera movement is smooth and easy. The slotted camera mount accommodates cameras regardless of the position of the tripod thread. Cameras can be centered on the mount, leaving plenty of clearance for horizontal or vertical composition regardless of the support object used. The tapered slot in the handle holds the supplied shock cord securely with no slippage. Rubber-tipped feet grip surfaces firmly making HandlePod easy to hold securely in place with light hand pressure.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.