FilmGuard Bags, from Domke, protect your undeveloped film from the streaking and fogging caused by exposure to x-rays during airport security and customs checks. If you're a professional photographer--or a traveler taking snapshots-- you don't have to worry about ruining your supply of film.Available in large and small sizes, FilmGuard protects unprocessed sheet film and cassette film against the low-dosage x-ray machines that are used to check carry-on luggage at airports around the world. With their full-length 1 ?"- wide Velcro closures, FilmGuard bags also protect your film and disks from dust and weather. FilmGuard is not intended for use in checked luggage, which is exposed to much higher doses of x-rays. So it's always a good idea to first store film in FilmGuard bags and then pack them in your carry-on luggage, rather than checked luggage.FilmGuard has a rugged, three-layer construction, starting with an outer shell of water-resistant ballistic nylon. In the middle, a lead-impregnated vinyl sheet provides x-ray protection. The interior is lined with smooth, 420 Denier nylon packcloth. When not in use, FilmGuard bags can be stored flat or used as a protective wrap around equipment.FilmGuard bags were tested for effectiveness by InVision Technologies, Inc., manufacturers of the only Federal Aviation Administration-approved checked-luggage scanning system. Films with up to ISO 800 speeds were tested. The extensive tests showed that the FilmGuard design will protect film and disks from the low-dosage x-ray units used to check carry-on luggage. (The tests also showed that the amount of lead needed to protect film from high-dosage x-ray units would make the bags too heavy to be practical.)
- Durable, triple-layer construction
- Large Velcro closure protects contents from dirt and weather
- Lead-impregnated vinyl sheet Smooth, 420 Denier nylon packcloth interior
- Makers of the only FAA-approved luggage scanning system
- Protect against fogging/streaking of unprocessed film
- Tested by InVision Technologies
- Two-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer shell
Return and Tax Policies
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.