Drobo B810n NAS Array - 8 x HDD Supported - 8 x HDD Installed - 32 TB Installed HDD Capacity - 8 x SSD Supported - Serial ATA Controller - 8 x Total Bays - Gigabit Ethernet - Network (RJ-45) Desktop
The World's First 64TB NAS With Data-Aware Tiering
The B810n is a fusion of large and fast. It can grow up to 64TB presenting itself as a single large pool of storage. If you add two SSDs, it accelerates access to commonly used "hot" data. Ideal for a network of up to 100 users, the Drobo B810n can store and share files. Use it as your primary storage for important files and documents OR as a place to backup files, projects, or even connect computers on the network.
The Problem B810n Solves
All other NAS systems have this problem: when multiple users are accessing it overall performance goes down. This is because simultaneous user requests induce the hard drives recording mechanism to move around the disk. The drive spends more time looking for data blocks than it does reading or writing data for users.
SSD Accelerated Performance
The B810n was designed to provide all users uniform performance. Add two SSDs and you can accelerate performance for all simultaneous users. New technology uses two techniques to accelerate access to your data:
Data Tiering: as transactional data (small pieces of data) is read or written it is placed in SSD storage. Subsequent reads or writes to these blocks are almost instantaneous as there is no delay induced by a hard drive's magnetic head having to move into position. Active, or "hot" data, is stored in an SSD tier of storage. As it cools, i.e. access decreases, the B810n will move the data to the hard drive tier.
Hot Data Cache: this is a technique to accelerate data reads. As data is read from hard drives, the B810n will prefetch nearby data that it predicts will be also be read. Your benefit is faster access and less waiting.
The B810n has dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. These can be bonded together to provide approximately twice the read/write performance you get via a single port. Or they can be used to provide a connection to two different subnets. Furthermore, they can be used in an "active/passive" mode so that if one port fails the other takes over.
Share Files With OS X, Windows, or Linux Users
Don't worry about compatibility - Drobo the B810n works with computers running OS X, Windows, or Linux operating systems. By default, the Drobo B810n uses the SMB file sharing protocol to talk to OS X or Windows. If you set up a share for Time Machine backup, it uses Apple's AFP protocol. Linux users pick which file sharing method to use on their system.
Drobo DR: Offsite Data Replication Built-in
The B810n has a feature called "Drobo DR" (DR = disaster recovery). You can set up a pair of B810ns to automatically make an offsite copy of your data. This provides an easy to setup offsite backup of your important data. Even better, the remote B810n stores all user account information so that recovery is a breeze.
Optimized for Time Machine
One or more Macs on a network can use the Drobo B810n for storing their Time Machine backups. Create a separate shares for use by Time Machine and assign them a maximum size. This lets users control how much space Time Machine uses, and stops it from taking over all storage on its backup target.
- NAS Interface Network (RJ-45)
- Controller Type Serial ATA
- Product Type NAS Array
- Manufacturer Part Number DR-B810N 5A21-32
- Manufacturer Drobo, Inc
- Product Model B810n
- Product Name Drobo B810n NAS Array
- Brand Name Drobo
- Number of Total Expansion Bays 8
- Package Contents
- Drobo B810n NAS Array
- 2 x 6 ft (1.8 m) Ethernet Cables
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Power Cord
- Quick Start Card
- Getting Started Guide
- International LED Labels for Front Panel (Dutch, French, and Japanese)
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
- Environmental Certification REACH
- Environmental Certification RoHS
- Environmental Certification WEEE
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Form Factor Desktop
- Total Hard Drive Capacity Installed 32 TB
- Number of Hard Drives Supported 8
- Number of Hard Drives Installed 8
- Number of Solid State Drive Supported 8
- Number of Solid State Drive Installed No
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.