Drobo 5N2 5-Bay Network Attached Storage - 5 x HDD Supported - 5 x SSD Supported - Serial ATA/600 Controller - 5 x Total Bays - 5 x 3.5" Bay - Gigabit Ethernet - Network (RJ-45) - Desktop
The Next Era of Storage is Here
The latest generation 5 Bay NAS, the Drobo 5N2 delivers an unparalleled user experience for data sharing, secure backup, remote access and disaster recovery solutions. The 5N2 is the fastest, network attached Drobo available to prosumers and provides up to 2x performance boost with an upgraded processor and port bonding option. The 5N2 is built with Drobo's patented BeyondRAID technology to meet the demanding data storage requirements of connected home users, media professionals and small businesses. The expanded functionality includes technology features of Drobo's enterprise level products, such as DroboDR for disaster recovery backup. By implementing a level of automation usually preserved for more expensive solutions, and still maintaining the award-winning simplicity found in all Drobos, the 5N2 is the easiest to use NAS on the market.
Leave Your Limitations Behind... Go BeyondRAID
Built on our award-winning BeyondRAID technology, the Drobo 5N2 protects your data without any intervention - even in the event of multiple drive failures. You can even switch from single to dual disk redundancy with a single click, ensuring enterprise-level dual parity data protection when required. Drobo's with BeyondRAID are also self-healing and have virtual hot-spares. If a drive happens to fail, Drobo will automatically re-layout the data to return to a protected state without disruption.
Drobo takes the up front guess work out of determining the amount of capacity you require. Buy the capacity you need today, and when you need more storage, simply replace your smallest drive with a larger one and immediately use that capacity in seconds. You can even mix and match drive brands, capacities and speeds.
To further enhance your experience, every Drobo comes with Smart Volume technology. Smart Volumes are thinly provisioned volumes that automatically utilize capacity as needed from a common pool of storage. Additionally, as data is deleted, free capacity is returned to that common pool, immediately increasing the available capacity.
BeyondRAID along with Smart Volumes deliver next-generation storage technology by bringing together enhanced data protection, reliability, expandability, and ease-of-use.
Dual Ethernet Ports: Bond Together, or Failover
The 5N2 has dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. These can be bonded together to provide approximately twice the read/write performance you get via a single port. Or they can be used to provide a connection to two different subnets. Furthermore, they can be used in an "active/passive" mode so that if one port fails the other takes over.
Capacity and Performance
Usually reserved for larger enterprise-class storage solutions, the Drobo 5N2 gives you the option to implement Hot Data Caching through the Drobo Accelerator Bay. This feature intelligently uses high-performance flash to accelerate performance, allowing the fastest possible access to your data.
To keep capacity of your Drobo 5N2 at a maximum, the Drobo Accelerator Bay accepts an industry-standard mSATA SSD, leaving all five 3.5" drives bays available for high-capacity HDDs.
If getting the fastest performance possible is your thing, you can also load up every drive bay with SSDs. Drobo 5N2 gives you the flexibility to choose!
- Network (RJ-45) Yes
- Controller Type Serial ATA/600
- Product Type NAS Storage System
- Manufacturer Part Number DRDS5A21
- Manufacturer Drobo, Inc
- Product Model 5N2
- Product Name 5N2 5-Bay Network Attached Storage
- Brand Name Drobo
- Number of Total Expansion Bays 5
- Number of 3.5" Bays 5
- Package Contents
- 5N2 5-Bay Network Attached Storage
- 2 x 6 ft (1.8 m) Ethernet Cables
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Power Cord with Power Supply
- Quick Start Card
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Weight (Approximate) 8.50 lb
- Form Factor Desktop
- Height 7.3"
- Width 5.9"
- Depth 10.3"
- Number of Hard Drives Supported 5
- Number of Solid State Drive Supported 5
- Limited Warranty 2 Year
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.