FiiO has strived to constantly progress and innovate with fresh ideas in the portable amplifier market since its own entry. With the A5, we continue this tradition by striving to significantly improve over our previous products, the E12 series. Every last detail of the E12 series has been reworked and revamped so as to create a new headphone amplifier that not only maintains the E12 series' strengths, but also rises above them for an even better product. Strong Internals Make for a Lively ListenThe A5 continues to use the E12A's highly effective MUSES02 + LME49600 opamp combo. In addition, all major components utilize high-precision metal film resistors. These factors, along with better design and component selection, allow the A5 to achieve a total harmonic distortion (THD) rating of almost 0 percent (lower than the E12A's by 33 percent) and an improved signal-to-noise ratio of 115dB. All of these factors signify that the A5 has a gain level close to that of the E12, but has improved channel balance, lower noise floor, and overall a purer sound. Clean and potent power is also extremely important to sound quality. The A5 contains a highly efficient, low-resistance power management system as well as dual +/-11V supplied power. This is a significant increase over the E12A's +/-7.4V supplied power and gives the A5 considerable power reserve that is unheard of among portable amplifier. Finally, a +/- symmetrical power supply allows for the elimination of coupling capacitors. What does all this mean for the sound quality? Reduced distortion and increased dynamic range. All of these aspects mean that the A5 combines the best of both the E12 and the E12A. Beyond just getting output power near that of the E12 with 800mW at 32 ohms, you also get the E12A's exquisite abilities in reproducing music. And with the low/high gain switch, you can enjoy the A5 on all kinds of headphones, from the most sensitive IEMs to the most power-hungry headphones. Longer Battery Life Backed by Smart ChargingContained in the A5 is an 880mAh 3S (three cells in a series) battery. The A5 can automatically adjust the amount of current to the 3S battery when charging by detecting your particular charging equipment. Whether you charge from your computer's USB port, your cell phone charger, or even your tablet's charger, you can be assured that the A5 will choose the safe and appropriate charging speed. With a 5V/2A charger, the A5's battery can be fully topped up in 2.5 hours - faster and more convenient compared to other similar products. And despite the A5's high power output, the amp still lasts for a lengthy 12 hours. Charging That is Obvious at a GlanceThe A5 has a LED specifically designed to let you know the device's charging status immediately. Depending on the amount of current when charging, the LED will blink at an appropriate rate which allows you to quickly determine the present charging speed. There is also a working status indicator that lets you immediately know whether the unit is on or off. All New CNC Milled Headphone ConnectorsFor the sake of creating an even better product, no detail could be overlooked. The headphone connector was no exception. For the first time, we used a CNC stainless steel headphone connector ring, replacing the previously used copper. A plastic ring is pressed into the gap between this connector ring and the rest of the body, ensuring it is seamlessly integrated with zero gaps. Not only is this more aesthetically pleasing, the headphone connector is also sturdier due to the non-existent gaps and the use of harder stainless steel. Geometrical Beauty From A Functional 45 DegreesWe decided to break away from our design traditions when creating the A5. Take, for instance, the design of the volume knob. Inspired by string instruments, fifty-six 45 degree lines are etched onto the knob's surface. The laser-inspired red ring that adorns the knob gives it a distinct, characteristic look. Fine Grains of Zirconium For a Smooth FinishInstead of the brushed metal finish of our earlier amps, we elected to go with a sandblasted finish for the A5. In the sandblasting process, abrasive material is forcefully sprayed onto the body's surface with highly compressed air. This ensures that the surface is not only more durable, but also allows the anodized paint that gives the A5 its unique look to last longer. By having the aluminum body subjected to this process, the A5 is both more robust and striking in appearance Technical Specifications Weight - 168g (including battery)Dimensions - 124mm x 65.5mm x 14.5mmAudio Input - 3.5mm stereo jackHeadphone Output - 3.5mm stereo jackVolume Control - ALPS potentiometerDrive Ability - 16~300 ohms (recommended)Battery Capacity - 880mAhOutput Power - >800 mW (32 ohm/THD <1%) / >= 150mW (300 ohm/THD <1%)THD+N - <0.002% 1kHzFrequency Response - 10Hz~90kHz (-3dB, Input: 220mV)Input Sensitivity - 5.6V (GAIN=L) / 1.15V (GAIN=H)Crosstalk - >=75dBGain - 13dB (GAIN=H) / 0dB (GAIN=L)Peak Output Voltage - 14.96 Vp-pBass Boost - 1 levelPower Input - recommend DC5V 2ABattery Life - >= 13hCharging Time - <3h (DC5V 2A)Output Impedance - <0.3 ohmsSNR - >=115dB (A-weighted)MAX Input Level - > 8 VrmsChannel Imbalance - <0.3dBBass Boost Range - 4dB (BASS ON)Max Output Current - 250mA (For Reference)
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.