Dual DACs for a Silky Smooth SoundThe X5 3rd gen is equipped with two top-of-the-line AKM AK4490EN DACs, one for each channel. The AK4490EN is a part of a new generation of high-quality 32-bit DACs that supports all PCM and DSD formats. By using a dual-channel implementation of AKM's unique VELVET SOUND low-distortion architecture that includes digital filtering with 32-processing, the DAC chips in the X5 3rd gen have the ability to finely and exactly reproduce your music. -112dB Total Harmonic Distortion 120dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio Supports decoding up to 32 bit/768 kHz Dual Crystal Oscillators for Faithfully Reproduced MusicThe X5 3rd gen utilizes two separate crystal oscillators - one for the DSD/44.1/88.2/176.4/352.8 kHz sampling rates and the other for 48/96/192/384 kHz. This ensures that under all sampling rates, there is significantly reduced jitter, improved clock accuracy, more stable operation, and virtually no sampling rate conversion artifacts. Four-Way LPF for First-Rate AmplificationThe X5 3rd gen utilizes two dual-channel OPA1642 chips for its low-pass filtering stage and a custom-made audiophile-grade OPA426 chip for amplification, providing greater power output (up to 300mW under a 32 ohm load) and greater ability to deal with capacitive loads. The outstanding sound quality of the final audio architecture employed in the X5 3rd gen is the result of closed beta users working tirelessly together with the team at FiiO in a quest to make this new X5 sound the best that it can. Dual Headphone Outputs for Double FunThe X5 3rd gen has two headphone outputs - one single-ended, and the other balanced. This allows the new X5 to cater to fans of either headphone output type. Deeply Customized Android 5.1 OS for Efficient Music PlaybackTo circumvent the problem of third-party Android apps automatically converting the sample rate of music, FiiO's software team wrote an entire new audio software architecture for its deeply customized and optimized version of the Android 5.1 OS. This results in improved sound quality and better overall performance of the device, and also gives 90 more minutes of battery life compared to running under Android 4.4. Two Operating Modes for More EnjoymentThe X5 3rd gen, following in the footsteps of FiiO's flagship DAP, also offers two modes of operation - Pure Music mode and Android mode. In Pure Music Mode, only the main music player is available - no other apps run for smoother operation and a purer sound. In Android mode, users are free to install and run any third-party Android apps according to their needs. By offering these two modes of operation, the X5 3rd gen can satisfy both the music purists and those who need more versatility. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (aptX) for a Connected EraThe X5 3rd gen brings a number of new features for a convenient wireless experience - 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi allows users to listen to their favorite online streaming services; aptX ensures a low latency, high-quality wireless Bluetooth experience; and DLNA is supported for even more forms of wireless connectivity. With the X5 3rd gen, you can play your music anytime, anywhere. All-New, Thoroughly Reworked User InterfaceThe X5 3rd gen has an all new UI that has been thoroughly and carefully changed from the past efforts down to the last pixel - for example, many of the icons have been redesigned, such as the ones for EQ setting and system settings. The new UI has a black theme with splashes of thoughtfully-placed bold colors for a clean, modern presentation. Concealed micro SD Card DesignIn order to make a more seamless-looking and durable chassis, the X5 3rd gen design team needed to rethink the design of the micro SD card slot. In this new design made of fine stainless steel powder based on new metallurgical methods, the gap between the micro SD card slot and the rest of the body is only 0.2mm - making for a more handsome body. Dual micro SD Card SlotsThe X5 3rd gen contains both 32GB of built-in storage and two external micro SD card slots. Since each micro SD card slot supports up to 256GB cards, the X5 3rd gen is able to carry up to a whopping 544GB of music - enough to store up to 130,000 songs. Side-facing Volume KnobNew to the X5 3rd gen is a physical volume knob, which is slightly recessed within a guard so as to prevent accidental volume changes but is still easy to manipulate. The volume knob contains several of FiiO's characteristic design traits, such as the 45-degree grooves on the volume knob as well as the rigid lines and smooth circular elements which complement each other for a striking and unique look. 2 Modes of Charging to Quickly Get Back Up and RunningThe X5 3rd gen contains a 3.8V 3400mAh battery that provides more than 10 hours of playing time. But when you do run out of battery, the new X5 has new rapid charging technology with temperature detection (with an on-screen indicator) that not only supports the typical BC 1.2 USB charging specification but also supports 9V/12V high-voltage rapid charging. When charged at the maximum current rate of 1.2C, the X5's battery can be filled in a mere 1.5 hours. Meticulously Detailed, Inside and OutThe upgrade in the feel and grip of the X5 3rd gen's body over the previous X5 is immediately apparent. In order to achieve a smoother finish, the X5 3rd gen's body is made of specially-selected No. 180 zirconium sand. The front panel features a subtle dot matrix pattern, while the rear is tastefully adorned with a snazzy fine star pattern. The anodized titanium and gold color paints perfectly harmonize with each other to give the X5 3rd gen an understated yet luxurious appearance. The molded chassis, plastic, and stainless steel on every corner of the new X5 come together seamlessly for a very sleek look. This makes even the headphone jack more durable and look more integrated with the rest of the body. A Highly Versatile PlayerThe X5 3rd gen can be used in multitude of different ways according to the needs of the user. With a special cable, the X5 3rd gen can be in a car in its In-Vehicle mode. It can be connected to a computer as a USB DAC. It can also act as a transport, outputting digital audio signals to an external USB DAC. And finally, it can also be docked to the FiiO K5 docking station, through which it can be charged and connected in even more different ways. Practical Yet Beautiful AccessoriesAvailable for the X5 3rd gen's screen is a 7H tempered glass screen protector, which is hard enough to be resistant against most scratches yet still boasts a 90+ percent light transmittance rate, ensuring your screen will be still easy to look at for years. Stylish PU leather cases are also available for the new X5, which not only protects your valuable investment but also, due to the grippy surface, makes it easier to use. Main Features: Firmware updates: Supported via update zips placed in internal storage or SD card, or automatic over-the-air (OTA) push notifications Data transfer: USB 2.0 high-speed Play order: Supports playing by folders, all songs, albums, artists, genres, favorite songs and custom playlists Play modes: Sequential, shuffle, loop single, loop all (Up Next Queue and stick to queue list top--to be supported by future firmware) Library management: Supports deleting songs on the X5; customizing list of favorite songs and playlists; batch addition and deletion from various lists; deletion of folders; Bluetooth connection; and Playlists backup Resume playback: App may resume pl...
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.