The 46mm Neutral Density (ND) 0.9 Filter from Heliopan has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. A ND filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the digital sensor or film plane. The filter has no effect on color balance. A neutral density filter permits you to capture images such as the rushing movement of a babbling brook or the swirling chaos of city traffic. Without the filter, your final image would simply be a static shot of water frozen in a moment's time. Since wider apertures are possible, your depth of field will also be minimized. This gives you an edge when shooting portraits since you will be able to achieve more separation between your foreground and background. An ND filter permits you to shoot your image under bright light conditions at the same aperture but at a slower shutter speed. Heliopan Lichtfilter-Technik of Munich, Germany, has changed their black anodized brass filter rings on most Heliopan non-rotating filters to their improved "slim" mount. This slim mount is made of black anodized brass stock and has so little rim in front of the lens (5.4mm) that it will not vignette (darken the corners of the image) with lenses as short as 21mm. The reputation of Schott glass is world renowned. The high production standards combined with a sturdy brass filter ring make filters made with Schott glass hard to beat. These filters have a "heft" to them that is impressive. They may feel heavier but the benefit is in the construction and results. Not only is the glass exceptional but so is the seal between the ring and glass. Schott glass used in the manufacture of this filter is legendary and synonymous with the highest standards of filter production. Heliopan Quality. Heliopan has been a leader in the filter industry since 1949. They are known for their high quality and production standards. Their slim mounts facilitate using them with wider angle lenses. Heliopan offers most of their filters with either their standard hard coating or with their industry leading SH-PMC 16 layer multi-coating that transmits over 99.5% of the light striking it on to the image plane for the lowest flare and greatest color saturation. Filters still retain front threads for a lens cap, a lens hood or even stacking a second filter. The portion of the Heliopan slim filters that are in front of the lens have been reduced in thickness by 37% over the former mount. Heliopan cuts, grinds, polishes and coats their filters with the same techniques and equipment as used for the finest German camera lenses. Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses. To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars. To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background. To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations. To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure. Allows Use of Fast ISOs in Bright Light. Helps Create Special Effect Like "Blurs". Helps Shooter Control Depth of Field. Permits Use of Wider Apertures. Slimmer, Rugged Black Brass Filter Ring. High-Quality Schott Glass. Reduce the amount of light reaching the sensor or film plane. To use high speed ISOs in bright sun. Used to create special effects such as blurring movement. Size: 46mm. Grade: 0.9 (3-Stop). Filter Factor: Reduces ISO by 1/8.
- Product Type Filter
- Manufacturer Part Number 704637
- Manufacturer Heliopan
- Product Model 704637
- Product Name Filter
- Brand Name Heliopan
- Filter Type Neutral Density
- Attachment Diameter 1.81"
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.