Polarizing filters, are color neutral and increase picture taking possibilities with black and white or color film. In color photography, unlike black and white photography, there is no possibility to change contrast or color saturation with colored filters. To do so would also change the colors in the photograph. Natural light spreads in a wave form in all direction. Sunlight is polarized and has a high color purity. When passing through the atmosphere a part of it is scattered, which results in a blush gray haze over all colors. This effect can be reduced or eliminated by using polarizing filters. If, in addition, light falls at an angle of approximately 35? onto a reflecting surface, e g. water, glass, plastic, color surfaces, with the exception of metallic surfaces, the light becomes reflected and polarized. If one uses a properly orientated polarizing filter, the reflections are absorbed and the true colors can reach the film. Water surfaces become transparent and clouds are more saturated.The light loss of a polarizing filter varies between 1 and 1.5 F stops which, depending on camera type, can be manually or automatically corrected. HELIOPAN polarizing filters consist of a neutral color foil cemented between two plane parallel glass discs. The foil is constructed so that light rays can only pass in one plane. The polarizing filter is mounted in a calibrated rotating ring so the desired position and effect can be easily set. With an SLR one sees the result in the finder, with viewfinder type cameras one holds the polarizer in front of the eye and turns it to see the desired effect. Then with the assistance of the calibrated rim, which is on every HELIOPAN polarizing filter, it is easy to set the filter to the same position on the lens. If no effect is visible, the available light conditions can not be polarized. In this case its use is not advisable.In principle there are two different kinds of polarizer's, linear and circular. The circular is required with camera systems where the built-in light measuring system uses light that has passed through the mirror via a beam splitter. In this case the light is already partially polarized, on all AF-cameras. Using linear polarizing filters cause in correct focusing measurements. The circular polarizer has a second component, a 1/4 wave plate in its construction. The polarized light is set in rotation by this plate and can therefore pass without interruption through the measuring system and give proper measurements.Circular polarizer's are also recommended with the auto focus lenses in video cameras. Over heating of the polarizing filter should be avoided.
- Product Type Filter
- Manufacturer Part Number 704939
- Manufacturer Heliopan
- Product Name Linear Polarizer Glass Filter
- Brand Name Heliopan
- Filter Attachment Diameter 49 mm
- Filter Type Polarizer
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.