Made In GermanyHeliopan glass filters are made with glass from Schott (Zeiss) the worlds finest optical glass supplier. Using the rotating 77mm Vario Neutral Density Filter from Heliopan, can reduce the exposure on your film or digital camera anywhere from 1.0 to 6.6 f/stops. When shooting with high ISOs, this filter can allow you to shoot under bright lighting conditions such as at the beach. This is also an ideal filter for creating long exposure special effects such as capturing the 'blur' of running water. It also permits you to control your depth of field by helping isolate your subject from its backgroundby usinga wider aperture. A convenient index scale on the filter ring makes exposures repeatable and exact. Neutral density filters appear gray and have no effect on color.The filter is thin enough (8.7 mm) to use with wide-angle lenses without vignetting (the darkening of the corners of the image). It has been tested on a Canon 16-35 'L' lens without vignettingdown to f/16. Another advantage of this filter is that it saves you the expense of having to purchase individual neutral density filters. This, too, is a time saver since you won't have to search through your bag to find the filter you want. Just rotate the Vario Neutral Density until you achieve the degree of ND you desire.The filter is made with world-renowned Schott glass that is supported by a rugged black brass filter ring that is less prone to jamming than traditional aluminum filter rings.Heliopan has been a leader in the filter industry since 1949. They are known for their high-quality and production standards. Their slim mounts facilitate using them with wider angle lenses. Heliopan offers most of their filters with either their standard hard coating or with their industry leading SH-PMC 16 layer multi-coating that transmits over 99.5% of the light striking it on to the image plane for the lowest flare and greatest color saturation. Filter Properties At A GlanceFront ThreadsNoAccepts Snap In Lens CapNoFilter Ring Depth (Less Threads)8.7mmCoatingNoneFilter Factor1 to6.6 StopsND variable from 1 to 6.6 stops (0.3 to 2.0)Calibrated, repeatable settingsColor neutral regardless of ND valueEven density across the frameNo artifacts with wide angle lenses8.7 mm thickness from front of lens to front of filterNumerically calibrated with indexBlack anodized rings with stops at both ends of the ND rangeHigh-quality solid brass ringsCan be stacked with Heliopan High Transmission circular polarizer with no color shifts or artifactsNo Front Threads
- a)Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- b)0.3 to 2.0 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- c)Providing a reduction of 1 to 6.6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- d)Filter does not affect coloration of the image and can be used with other filters.
- e)Matte black brass ring reduces reflections and improves durability.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.