The Hoya Variable Density filter uses two polarizing layers to control the amount of light that passes through the filter and into the camera lens. At its minimum effect the filter passes 1/3 of the light in a scene. That is equal to 1.5 stops on the aperture or shutter speed. At its maximum effect the filter passes just 1/400 of the light in a scene. That is equal to 9 stops on the aperture or shutter speed. After the filter is mounted on the lens, turning the filter ring between 'Min' and 'Max' can greatly control the amount of light entering the lens. With the Hoya Variable Density filter it is possible to shoot with fast lenses like 50mm f/1.4 lenses wide open at f/1.4 in full sun for a very shallow depth of field. Or, to slow down the shutter speed to where the shutter can be open for several seconds in full sunlight. This is enough to create artistic blurring shots of motion on water, cars, people or almost anything that moves. The creative possibilities are endless. The Hoya Variable Density filter uses high-quality optical glass from Hoya Corporation, the worlds largest optical glass manufacturer and is available in sizes 52mm to 82mm. For best results Hoya recommends using a tripod when photographing at slow shutter speeds. With Filter Without Filter Filter Properties At A GlanceFront ThreadsNoAccepts Snap In Lens CapNoFilter Ring Depth (Less Threads)7mmCoatingNoneFilter Factor1.5 to 9- Stops
- Product Type Filter
- Manufacturer Part Number A58VDY
- Manufacturer HOYA CORPORATION
- Product Name Neutral Density Filter
- Brand Name Hoya
- Application/Usage Camera
- Filter Type Neutral Density
- Attachment Diameter 2.28"
Return and Tax Policies
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.