The Hoya SOLAS IRND filters were created using the latest materials and Japanese manufacturing processes to maintain a neutral color rendition throughout their density range of 0.3 to 3.0. A factor that a lot of ND filters do not take intoaccount is the affect of IR (Infrared) light on color. As digital imaging sensors become more and more sensitive to light they are also more susceptible to overexposure and more sensitive to infrared light. To address these two sensor issues Hoya developed the SOLAS line of IRND filters. First, they come in densities of .3, .6, .9, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.7 and 3.0, that is 1~6 plus 9 and 10 stops light reduction while maintaining amazingly neutral color balance. This reduces the amount of light entering the camera allowing for either very wide apertures or very long shutter speeds being used in bright lighting conditions. Normal ND filters often have a transmission spike in the near infrared (A.K.A High Red) area of the color spectrum that leads to color casting. The Hoya SOLASIRND filters are designed to evenly suppress IR across red, near-IR and IR areasof the spectrum to avoid any spectrum spikes that can add a color cast to the image. The combination of IR suppression and exacting color balance through use of the latest ND materials means the SOLAS series maintains neutral color balance that is matched in every density throughout range. Hoya SOLAS filters are available in standard sizes from 46mm - 82mm.
- Available 46mm - 82mm filter sizes
- Density's range from 1-10 stop light reduction (0.3 to 3.00)
- Includes Limited 1-year USA Warranty
- Infrared Contamination is suppressed evenly
- Maintains Consistent color balance across entire ND range
- No spectrum spikes or color shifting due to IR
Return and Tax Policies
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.