Never let the extreme conditions stop you with the PENTAX K-70. This compact, lightweight, DSLR features the PRIME MII engine with a newly designed Accelerator Unit and a 24.24 megapixel AA-filter-less APS-C CMOS sensor for high definition images. Enjoy faster readout with 6 frames per second shooting of 14-bit RAW image data. Minimize camera shake with in-body SR (shake reduction) to assure sharp, blur-free images, even in demanding situations. Built for the toughest of shooters, this dustproof and weather-resistant camera is constructed with 100 different weather seals of protection, guarding it from the harsh environments of travel, landscape and nature photography. Built with the photographer in mind, the PENTAX K-70 offers a vari-angle LCD to facilitate creative compositions. Astronomy photographers will rejoice with the addition of a Night Vision Red Light LCD to enhance those low light situations. In addition to standard interval shooting, the PENTAX K-70 also features ultra high resolution 4K interval movie. It's equipped with built-in Wi-Fi, for easy mobile transfer and social media sharing of your adventures. Take on all the extremes with the PENTAX K-70, while never compromising on image quality. Super-high-resolution images captured with 24.24 effective megapixels and a top sensitivity of ISO 102400The K-70 features a state-of-the-art 24.24 effective megapixel AA Filter-less APS-C sized CMOS sensor for outstanding image quality. By coupling a newly developed accelerator unit with the high-speed PRIME MII imaging engine, the K-70 effectively minimizes noise at all sensitivity levels, and captures richly gradated, finely detailed images even in super-high-sensitivity shooting at a top sensitivity of ISO 102400. Hybrid AF system for high-speed AF operation during Live View shootingThe K-70 employs PENTAX's first Hybrid AF system during Live View autofocus operation. By positioning a contrast-detection AF sensor with superior focusing accuracy and a phase-matching AF sensor on the image sensor's surface, this innovative hybrid system optimizes the benefits of both AF systems to assure high-speed, pinpoint AF focusing on the subject. Dustproof, weather-resistant body perfect for outdoor photographyThe K-70 boasts a fully weather and cold proof design to resist water, fog, snow, sand and dust, for top performance in extreme field conditions. It has been designed for active outdoor shooting through a complete design review of the mode dial and control buttons as well as new grip design that provides a firm hold of the camera body even with a gloved hand. The outdoor-friendly LCD monitor features a brightness level that can be instantly adjusted to the lighting level of a shooting location, as well as a red-lighted monitor display function, which is easier on the photographer's eye when shooting in dark locations such as during astronomical photography. High-precision autofocus system with the SAFOX X moduleThe high-precision SAFOX X AF sensor module assures responsive, dependable autofocus operation. With its 11 sensors including nine cross-type sensors in the middle, this AF module assures pinpoint focus on the subject at a minimum brightness level as low as -3 EV. The speed of autofocus response has been improved, especially at low-illumination levels. By improving the algorithm for moving objects, the focusing accuracy in the AF-C mode has been enhanced. The K-70 assures outstanding AF tracking performance with subjects on the move, thanks to such advanced features as the Select-area Expansion function, which automatically refocuses on a moving subject after it moves away from the initial point, with the help of the neighboring points, and an AF Hold function that maintains the initial in-focus point even when the module loses sight of the subject. PENTAX-original shake-reduction system featuring the Pixel Shift Resolution System(1) In-body SR mechanismThe K-70's in-body shake reduction (SR) mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake up to 4.5EV steps regardless of the lens type mounted. The K-70's SR unit has a flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all directions, providing a host of handy shooting functions, including ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography when used in combination with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Unit. (2) Pixel Shift Resolution System with motion correction functionThe Pixel Shift Resolution System captures 4 images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizes them into a single composite image. The result is exceptional detail and true-to-life color accurate images. This system also has a motion correction function which automatically detects a moving object during continuous shooting and minimizes negative effects during the synthesizing process. (3) Innovative AA filter simulator to minimize moireBy applying microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the sub-pixel level during image exposure, the K-70's AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator provides the same level of moire reduction as an optical AA filter. This innovative simulator lets the user switch the AA filter effect on and off, and adjust the level of the effect. Optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of viewThe K-70 incorporates a glass prism finder featuring the same optics and coatings as those used in higher-level models. With a nearly 100-percent field of view and a magnification of approximately 0.95 times, it provides a wide, bright image field for easy focusing and framing. High-speed shutter to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focusWith a top shutter speed of 1/6000 second, the K-70 captures sharply focused images, even with fast-moving subjects. Coupled with its high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of approximately six images per second, it lets the photographer preserve once-in-a-lifetime shutter opportunities in beautifully focused images. Upgraded Full HD movie recordingThe K-70 captures high-resolution, flawless Full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels; 60i/30p frame rate) in the H.264 recording format. In combination with compatible lenses, it allows the user to use the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode(1) to keep accurate focus on a moving subject, or take advantage of a new aperture control function(2) to automatically assure a proper exposure level even in fluctuating lighting conditions during movie recording. It also provides a host of distinctive visual effects for movie production, including the 4K Interval Movie mode that connects a series of 4K-resolution still images at a fixed interval to create a single movie file, and a Star Stream mode to fade in and out the traces of stars to recorded movies.(1) During movie recording, the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode can be used in combination with the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE or smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL[IF] DC WR lens.(2) During movie recording, the aperture control function is available only in combination with the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE lens. Vari-angle LCD monitor for easy image viewing from all anglesThe PENTAX K-70 provides a host of wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) functions to support operations using smartphones and tablet computers. By installing the dedicated Image Sync application in a mobile device, the user can remotely check the Live View image, capture still images, and adjust such camera settings as aperture, shutter spee...
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.