The KENKO KCM-3100 color meter. is a color temperature meter that reads the temperature of either ambient or flash light. Knowing the color temperature of a light source is extremely important for consistently faithful color accuracy and reproduction in photography. Reproducing accurate color is critical in many areas of photography such as fashion and commercial product. Useful for both still and cine photography. The KCM-3100s uncluttered control button layout and large easy-to-read LCD make using the meter much easier than other options on the market today. The KCM-3100 has 3 display modes for diplaying color temperature. Each mode is designed for a certain type of photography or filtering system. LB(Light Balancing): LB-index is used to select the necessary amber or blue LB-filter. The Mired difference between the specific photographic color temperature for the selected film type and the light source. CC (Color-Correction): CC displays the Kodak filter number(s) of the necessary light-balancing filter(s) to make for easy selection of the required light balancing filter. Where as the LB system uses Amber or blue filters, the CC system uses Magenta or Green color compensating filters. Photographic color temperature in degrees Kelvin: This is a useful setting to determine filtration based on the light source and the spectral sensitivity of the film used. The ability to take ambient and flash light readings using either a sync cord or non-cord: Using a sync cord, the flash is fired when the reading button is pushed. In the non sync cord mode, pushing the reading button puts the meter in a stand-by mode and when the flash is fired the meter displays those readings. "Analyzer Mode" for measurement of Flash lighting only: Setting the shutter speed to "F", the meter will only read light from flash. 9 memory channels for customizing the meter to your equipment and materials: All film and equipment manufacturers claim that their products are calibrated or balanced to "daylight" (5500K) or tungsten (3400K or 3200K), but in the real world these number are often not 100% accurate. Film can vary from batch to batch and light bulbs and flash tubes can have slight shifts in color over time. Once these differences are determined, The KCM-3100's 9 memory channels allow the photographer to enter custom setting based on the situations or individual film characteristics they are working with. Once the data is entered and stored, the meter will adjust future readings accordingly. Please note: the KCM-3100 cannot give standard shutter speed/aperture exposure data, it is designed to read color temperature only.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.