The Edge 50 Optic is a 50mm flat field of focus optic with a 9-blade adjustable aperture. Also available in the new Composer Pro II, Edge 50 Optic is part of the Optic Swap System and is compatible with all Lensbaby lens bodies including the Composer Pro. Create images with a sharp slice of focus bordered by gradual blur by tilting the Edge 50 Optic in the Composer Pro or Composer Pro II. Tilting enables you to highlight the subject of your image, lead the viewer's eye, and tell your unique story via selective focus or leave it pointed straightahead and use your Edge 50 Optic as a 50mm prime lens and capture images that are crisp from edge to edge. When tilted, the width of the slice of focus depends upon the aperture used. Brighter apertures produce a thin slice of focus with lots of blur to isolate your subject from their surroundings while darker apertures get more of your scene in focus. The placement of the slice of focus is controlled by the degree and direction of tilt. Tilt a little for a subtler effect or a lot to get a crisp slice of focus through your image. Rotating the aperture dial on the front of the lens changes between apertures from f/3.2 through f/22. The Edge 50 also features a special close-focus function. Photographers can extend the front of the optic to focus as close as 8" away from their subject.
- 46mm front threads"
- 8 multi-coated glass elements, in 6 groups
- 9-blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Aperture range from f/3.2 through f/22
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Flat field of focus optic (when tilted, creates a slice of sharp focus, bordered by blur)
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- Minimum focusing distance: approximately 8" when the optic is extended forward in close-focus mode