The Lee Filters 75x90mm Seven5 Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. A polarizer is able to absorb much of this polarized light and, in turn, increase the saturation of skies and foliage, cut through distant haze and minimize reflections in glass and on water.A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it integrates a quarter wave plane within a linear polarizing filter. The addition of this helps to circularly polarize reflected light, which enables your camera's autofocus and auto-exposure mechanisms to function properly.This filter is constructed from a high quality optical glass for both imaging performance and durability. It features a proprietary clip-on design that enables its compatibility with the Seven5 Micro Filter System, which is specifically designed for use with smaller interchangeable lens cameras. It can be attached to the front of the filter holder and rotated independently from any other rectangular filters in use.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Requires the use of the Seven5 filter holder for use due to its unique clip-on design"
- Strongest effect when used at a 90deg. angle from the sun