The best light produced by your flash doesn't come directly from the flash itself. Rather, it comes from wherever the light is bounced. That's because when the light from the flash is bounced off a ceiling or wall, that surface becomes the actual source of light that strikes the subject being photographed. The bright spot bouncing off the ceiling functions like an enormous softbox that illuminates the subject with directional, soft lighting. The effect is comparable to placing a physical softbox above the subject. Now, you may already know all this but have wondered why some of your bounced-flash results look undesirably similar to direct flash. Here's the reason: If the subject can see light coming from your flash, that means the light will hit the subject in the face, washing out potential benefits of the light that has been so beautifully bounced. It's easy to point your flash at an angle without realizing that part of the device is also aimed at the subject, explaining why your bounced-flash shots may not always look picture perfect. The eclipse light shield solves this problem, affording you the best possible bounced lighting at all times. Lighting manipulated for optimal results, exactly the way it should be. That's what is meant by Light Done Right! Let's take a look at five key aspects of the eclipse light shield
- Design: The structural design prompts the light shield to float around the flash head, without touching any of the sides. This allows significant light to output freely, while stray, insignificant light is blocked.
- Functionality: The eclipse light shield will protect your subject and surroundings from direct flash at virtually any position your flash head is pointed for bouncing light.
- Off-Camera Use: The flash and subject are free to move about without having to adjust the eclipse light shield from shot to shot."
- On-Camera Use: The camera/flash is free to change between portrait and landscape orientations, without the need for any adjustments to the eclipse light shield.
- Size and Weight: The eclipse light shield is about the size of a baseball cap and weighs merely 0.50 ounce (14.2 grams). The shield itself weighs only a 0.25 ounce (7.1 grams), applying virtually no pressure to your flash head.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.