Novation Dicer is a palm-sized cue point and looping controller that has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Dicer works with almost any DJ software and it is optimized for use with Serato Scratch Live, Traktor Scratch Duo/Pro, and Traktor Pro. Dicer can trigger samples, cue-points, loops and FX. You can use Dicer to browse through playlists, nudge tracks backwards and forwards or it can be freely assigned to whatever functions you want. Dicer always ships in pairs - one for each side. Each Dicer has 5 dice pads which can be used to set and trigger Serato's Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions, with multicolored LEDs behind each pad to show what mode you are in. There are also freely assignable layers of controls which allow you to control whatever you want, including triggering samples, effects or even navigating through track libraries and crates. When using other software, a pair of Dicers allow up to 60 MIDI controls between them! Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer. Since Novation was born, back in 1992, the company name has become synonymous with world-class analog modeling synthesizers and unrivaled MIDI controller keyboards and solutions. The product range continues to receive critical acclaim from the music press and win numerous awards for outstanding technology and usability. Fantastic build quality, true musical instrument feel and intuitive controls are just three of the reasons why Novation's digital musical instruments are simply a joy to play. Key Features Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-color, soft touch dice buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software. Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimeters away from your vinyl. Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation?s reusable DJ putty, (included) your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop. Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including Hot Cues, Auto Roll and Loop Roll. Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers. Additional Features USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer. Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from Novation's website. A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers. Specifications Physical Controls and Indicators: 5 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons 3 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons Connectivity: Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection. Kensington lock space Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs. Integration with Serato: Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function. Dimensions of Single unboxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair): .5W x 3.5D x 0.5H* Weight: 0.16 lb each
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks
- Performance buttons with visual feedback
- Works with all major DJ software
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.