The New Naturescapes Skimmer Ground Pod II.... The Skimmer is the ultimate support for ground-level bird and wildlife photography and is now redesigned! Made with super heavy duty reinforced crush-proof injection molded plastic it isrugged yet lightweight, weighing less than 15oz. With a unique circular design, it allows you to slide camera equipment in any direction on the ground, even through mud, sand, and grass. And your equipment stays clean and dry, even in upto an inch and a half of water! Approximately 10" in diameter and 1.5" high, the Skimmer's flat bottom allows itto slide and pan easily along the beach or mud without scooping up earth, protecting equipment from grit and moisture. The sides are turned out slightly to push sand and mud out and away, helping to keep debris from coming over the top. A protected area inside the plate can even be used to store teleconverters, extension tubes, and other incidentals for quick access while shooting. The Skimmer was designed by photographers for photographers to meet our rigorousdemands in the field. After years of using various ground supports, we felt the shortcomings were keeping us from our best productivity in the field. Sharp edges on plates would often get caught in the ground and swivel, halting movement, or scoop up sand and dirt - exposing ballheads and other equipment to grit and water and weighing down the plate with accumulating muck. We were constantly replacing lost bolts from plates that didn't have captive screws. Also, as frequent travelers, we are always looking for weight-conservative options - the Skimmer is less than half the weight of some ground pod options. The Skimmer is our field-tested solution! The Skimmer was designed to be used with any lens or camera combination up to 600mm and its wide mounting surface can accommodate virtually any ballhead or gimbal-style head fitting a standard 3/8" tripod mount. It has been matched for use with low-profile lens feet when used with the C-10, as well as for the Wimberley Head II, without the need for modification or additional risers. However, an optional riser block fits perfectly and can be stacked when additional height is needed. A 3/8" stainless steel "captive" bolt is provided to attach your tripod head. Alternately, the Skimmer can be purchased with the Wimberley C-10 quick release plate, allowing you to mount dovetail lens or camera plates. Other quick releaseclamps may also fit. The NatureScapes.Net Skimmer is a fantastic option for shooting with long lenses from a vehicle: place the Skimmer with optional C-10 on your beanbag.
- Compatible with the Wimberley Head II and low profile lens feet without additional hardware needed
- Constructed with super heavy duty reinforced crush-proof injection molded plastic
- Heat and cold tolerant for use in any conditions
- Hex wrench included
- Integrated raised mounting platform for stability
- Optional Wimberley C-10 quick release clamp with locking screw set screw - no ballhead needed
- Perfect for ground level shooting or off of a beanbag with telephoto lenses
- Reinforced lanyard attachment point for user-supplied clip or lanyard to hang from a belt, attach to a backpack, or for a safety line when shooting out of thecar on a beanbag
- Roughly 10" diameter, 1.5" tall
- Standard 3/8 - 16 "captive" stainless steel bolt, countersunk flush to underside- no more lost bolts
- Weighs under 15oz.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.