By revolutionizing the optical and structural design of the Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC HSM, this lens achieves a compact size and a minimum focusing distance of 13.8. Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) maintains its structure and has little contractility especially in varying temperatures, is incorporated into the lens barrel. It is convenient when you wish to keep your equipment to a minimum and yet still be prepared for all opportunities and situations Excellent for macro photography Close-up capability is improved with the minimum focusing distance of 13.8 throughout the entire zoom range, and maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9. In APS-C size equivalent, macro photography with approximately 1:2 magnification ratio is possible. In addition, with this lens, the size and flaming of subjects can be adjusted by rotating a zoom ring, making macro photography easier than using fixed focal macro lens. For further convenience, the maximum magnification ratio at each focusing distance appears on the side of the lens barrel. Revolutionizing the design foundation results in compact size Optimization of the power arrangement by such things as incorporating double-sided aspherical lenses, and reexamination of design, the filter diameter size is reduced. This compact size lens has the approximately 13x high zoom ratio with the filter size of diameter 62mm, and dimensions of diameter 2.9 x Length 3.5. It ensures portability and overall ease of use, making it perfect for travel and leisure photography. Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) The material TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), which has little contractility especially in temperature changes, as well as maintaining firmness, is incorporated into the lens barrel. Compared to Polycarbonate which is generally used, TSC has higher elasticity by approximately 25%. Since thermal shrinkage is low, it has high affinity to metal parts which contributes to high quality product manufacturing. It also contributes to the parts such as the zoom ring and scaling to be slimmer. Lens Construction In a conventional lens, focusing requires an extension of the entire lens or the front lens group. However, to better accommodate autofocusing mechanisms and closeup photography, a need has arisen for lenses that do not change their length during focusing or suffer from focus-dependent variation in aberration. Therefore, Sigma has developed focusing systems that only move elements within the lens barrel. These incorporate smaller and lighter moving lens elements which help improve auto-focus speed. With their unchanging barrel length and small variation in the center of gravity, these lenses also enhance balance and stability for the photographer. Furthermore, since the front of the lens does not rotate, polarizing filters can be used with extra convenience. Warranty - 1 year America Warranty + 3 year USA extended warranty on manufacturing and workmanship for a total of 4 years of coverage from date of purchase. *Optical Stabilizer (OS) is not available for Sony and Pentax Specifications Focal Length: 18-250mm Minimum Aperture: F22 Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 13 Groups Angle of View: 76.5 - 6.5 degrees Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7 Blades (Rounded Diaphragm) Minimum Focusing Distance: 35cm/13.8 in.Maximum Magnification: 1: 2.9 Filter Size: 62mm Lens Hood: Petal-type hood Dimensions: Diameter 73.5mm X Length 88.6mm (2.9 in. x 2.5 in.) Weight: 470g/16.6 oz
- equipped with Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- High performance and compact with great zoom ratio
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) to ensure fast and quiet auto-focusing
- Lens hood front & rear cap included
- Made with Thermally Stable Composite material
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.