Recently, DSLR cameras have been evolving rapidly, and more and more photographers have been seeking a lens that can bring out the potential of a high-resolution sensor. There are occasions when photographers select zoom lenses as they offer more convenience than a fixed focal length lens, yet they do not want to compromise on image quality. SIGMA has long tackled this task to provide excellent quality images for such occasions. We are proud that SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM meets these requirements and is the standard zoom lens from our Art line, offering stable and fineimage quality from wide to mid-telephoto range. It has a combination of fixed aperture and a good zoom ratio that we kept as high as possible. Many simulations were carried out before achieving this goal, and made the specification compatible with 35mm full size image sensors. Moreover, it was designed to surpass the quality inspection of the original MTF measuring system, A1, so it has succeeded in creating superior image quality for new standard of high-spec cameras. This lens incorporates the OS function and minimizes camera shake effectively. Our Art line delivers high-level artistic quality Sigma is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art and Sports. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. Developed with the maximum emphasis on artistic touch, they are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction. Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studiophotography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, underwater shots and many other scenes. Covering the standard shooting range of 35mm full size image sensor The convenience of a zoom lens enables photographers to capture various subjects without the need to change lenses. The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM is a very handy zoom lens that covers the basic shooting range from wide to mid-telephoto. Moreover, its constant aperture of F4, OS (Optical Stabilizer) and HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) enhances the lens usability. It is ideal for portraits, landscapes and general photography. Superior image quality This is a lens that represents the concept of our Art line, and it meets the highest standard of our quality test. For those standard lenses with a high zoom ratio, they tend to show astigmatic aberration, field curvature, distortions and color aberration. In order to compensate for these, various types of high-performance lenses, such as FLD, SLD and glass-molded aspheric lenses including double-sided aspheric lens, have been included into the optical system. In addition, it suppresses chromatic aberration very effectively at telephoto-end, and achieves superior image quality throughout the zoomrange. This lens overcomes low peripheral brightness that is common for those lenses with similar specifications. Also, the wide filter size 82mm is contributing for superior optical performance Optical Stabilizer This lens incorporates an OS system which offers superior stabilization, making it possible to compensate for camera shake even in macro range photography where a small blur can be easily dentified. Convenient handling The lens' wide zoom ring ensures convenient handling. By putting the zoom ring in front, allows the lens barrel to be more compact. The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, enhancing the lens' stability and allowing use of Circular Polarizing filters. Designed to minimize flare and ghosting Flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from an early stage in the lenses development to establish an optical design which is resistant to strong incidental light such as backlight. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions. Other Features: Minimum focusing distance of 45cm With a minimum focusing distance of 45cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.6, this lens is excellent for close-up photography. Hyper Sonic MotorThe HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. Optimizing AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved. It also enables full-time manual focusing capability which allows sensible focus adjustment by simply rotating the focus ring. Incorporating Rounded diaphragm The 9 blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive round bokeh at large-aperture settings. Design concept The new product lines incorporate rubber for the attachment part of the provided lens hood. For better usability, the designs of the lens cap and AF/MF changeover switch have been improved. In order to ensure high accuracy of the product, all metallic parts and the new compound material, TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), which has a high affinity to metal parts, are housed internally. On the zoom ring, the last three digits of its release year are engraved so the lens can be identified according to the year ofits launch. Brass made bayonet mount This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use. Newly developed USB DOCK exclusively for new product lines Attaching the lens to an optional USB DOCK plugged to your computer and using dedicated software SIGMA Optimization Pro, you can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus. Evaluation with Sigma's own MTF measuring system A1 We used to measure lens performance with MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1/Aizu-1) using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM will all be checked using this A1 before they are shipped. Made in Japan All Sigma's manufacturing processes- right down to molds and parts, with a few exceptions, are carried out under a single integrated production system entirely in Japan. We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people. We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of Sigma products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology. Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world, because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts. Specifications: Class: Art Typical Photography: Travel, Portrait, Family, Nature & Wildlife Camera Mount Type: Sigma Versatile, Large Aperture HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor): Quiet & Fast Autofocusing - This lens uses a motor driven by ultrasonic waves to provide a quiet, high-speed AF OS (Optical Stabilizer): This function utilizes a built-in mechanism that compensates for camera shake. It dramatically expands photographic possibilities by alleviating camera movement when shooting by hand held camera Compatible with USB Dock &...
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.