At home under the Art category, this high-performance standard lens is designed exclusively for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras and has the equivalent angle of view as 120mm on the Micro Four Thirds system and 90mm on the E-mount system (35mm equivalent focal length. This lens features SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which helps minimize axial and transverse chromatic aberration. Glass mold aspherical lenses help minimize coma. Optimized power distribution helps ensure exceptional image quality from the center to the edges of the images. In addition, the inner focusing system corrects the fluctuation of aberration to maintain image quality regardless of the focusing position. The superior telecentric optical design improves the image quality throughout the frame. The optical design also allows the lens to be compact and lightweight. This lens benefits from a newly developed linear AF motor, which moves the lens elements directly without the need for gears or the drive of other mechanical parts. This system ensures accurate and quiet autofocusing, making the lens suitable for video recording as well as still photos. The lens features a rounded 7-blade diaphragm creating an attractive blur to the out of focus areas of the image. This Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN has a minimum focusing distance of 50cm/19.7in and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:7.2, and comes in either a silver or black finish. With their compact bodies and a diverse range of design, mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras have been evolving in their own unique way. To achieve a lens system corresponding to the cameras of the new era ? shaped by such thoughts, the high- performance mid-range telephoto lens for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras offers Sigma's original innovation in a form that is more polished and refined than ever before. In order to maximize performance of mirrorless cameras, advanced optical technology is explored to achieve expressive performance worthy of Sigma's Art line. Featuring the natural perspective of mid-range telephoto lenses, together with a shallow depth of field, this lens allows thephotographer to capture a single part of a subject. It brilliantly realizes the photographer's intentions. 1. Our Art line delivers high-level artistic quality - January 2013 Sigma is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art and Sports. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. Developed with the maximum emphasis on artistic touch, they are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction. Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, underwater shots and many other scenes. 2. Mid-range telephoto lens for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras - The high-performance mid-range telephoto lens has an angle of view equivalent to 120mm on the Micro Four Thirds system and 90mm on the E-mount system (35mm equivalent focal length). Featuring the natural perspective and shallow depth of field,as well as beautiful bokeh effects, this lens allows the photographer to capture a single part of a subject. It brilliantly realizes the photographer's intentions. Currently comprising the SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN mid-range telephoto lens, the SIGMA 30mm F2.8 DN standard lens and the SIGMA 19mm F2.8 DN wide-angle lens are expanding photographers' highperformance options for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. 3. Superior optical performance and functionality. - Sigma's original innovation is now more polished and refined than ever before. The simple shape of the focus ring, varying textures that distinguish each part of the lens, the use of metal on almost all external areas of the lens, the unibody design of the hood-all of these elements add up to a lens design that is ideal for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. In addition, photographers have the choice of black or silver to match their favorite equipment. 4. Exceptional image quality - This lens features SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which helps minimize axial and transverse chromatic aberration. Glass mold aspherical lenses help minimize coma. Optimized power distribution helps ensure exceptional image quality from the center to the edges of the images. In addition, the inner focusing system corrects the fluctuation of aberration to maintain image quality regardless of the focusing position. 5. Telecentric conscious design - The superior telecentric optical design improves the image quality throughout the frame. 6. Linear AF motor - This lens benefits from a linear AF motor which moves the lens unit directly without the need for gears or other extra mechanical parts. This system ensures accurate and quiet autofocusing, making the lens excellent for both recording video and taking still photos. Incorporating Rounded diaphragm - The 7 blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive round bokeh at large-aperture settings. Brass made bayonet mount - This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use. Evaluation with Sigma's own MTF measuring system A1 - We used to measure lens performance with an MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1) using Foveon 46-megapixel direct image sensors. Previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN will all be checked using this A1 before they are shipped. Made in Japan - All Sigma's manufacturing right down to molds and parts is carried out under an integrated production system. We are now one of the very few manufacturers whose products are solely made in Japan. We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people. We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of Sigma products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology. Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world, because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts. Warranty - 1 year America Warranty + 3 year USA extended warranty on manufacturing and workmanship for a total of 4 years of coverage from date of purchase. Product Specifications: Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groupsMinimum aperture: F22Filter size: 46mmAngle of view 20.4? (Sony E-Mount: 26.6?)Minimum focusing distance: 50cm/19.7in.Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 60.8mm x 55.5mm/2.4in. x 2.2in.Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (Rounded diaphragm) Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.2Weight: 185 Grams/ 6.5 OZ. Corresponding Mounts - Micro FourThirds - DN, Sony E-mount - DN
- Choice of silver or black finish.
- Excellent for taking shots with a pinpoint focus on a subject.
- Fast and large apertures lens for mirror less camera systems
- Maximum Focusing magnification ratio of 1:7.2
- Minimum focusing distance of 50CM
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.