Sonnet Dual-port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter - Thunderbolt 3 - 2 Port(s) - 2 - Twisted Pair
Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity Over Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows
Increased demand for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth over shared networks, plus the need for HD video editing support on high-performance shared storage systems has driven the explosion in demand for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking-offering ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet, the most common wired network connection today. It's no wonder. And yet, most computers aren't equipped to get you connected. If your computer has a Thunderbolt 3 port, you are in luck-Sonnet's Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter is the powerfully simple and cost effective solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter is equipped with two RJ45 ports, enabling it to connect to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively.
How simple? Just connect the Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage via CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables, and configure the adapter's settings through the macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter's dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation for increased throughput!
Small and Nearly Noiseless
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter is compact enough to easily fit in most workspaces, yet large enough to support proper airflow inside the case-its design enables the adapter's temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter's outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Thunderbolt 3 -
The USB-C That Does It All
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin 10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
- Host Interface Thunderbolt 3
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
- Total Number of Ports 2
- Product Type 10Gigabit Ethernet Card
- Manufacturer Part Number TWIN10GC-TB3
- Manufacturer Sonnet Technologies, Inc
- Product Name Dual-port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter
- Product Line Twin 10G
- Brand Name Sonnet
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Package Contents
- Dual-port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter
- 0.5m Thunderbolt cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt retainer clip
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- Device Supported PC
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
- Environmental Certification RoHS
- Network Technology 10GBase-T
- Weight (Approximate) 2.95 lb
- Form Factor Desktop
- Height 2.7"
- Width 4.9"
- Depth 6.3"
- Limited Warranty 1 Year
|Brand||Sonnet Technologies Inc|
|Manufacturer||Sonnet Technologies Inc|
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.