Neutral Density FiltersThese filters reduce the amount of light passing through the camera lens without changing the color of the scene. They are especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure. Neutral Density filters also allow proper exposure at a wider lens opening for reduced depth-of-field to highlight a key subject by making the foreground and/or background out of focus.Eliminates overly bright, washed-out imagesBalances exposureControls depth-of-fieldAllows slower shutter speeds to produce blurred motion effectsFilter Properties At A GlanceFront ThreadsYesAccepts Snap In Lens CapYesFilter Ring Depth (Less Threads)5mmCoatingUn-CoatedFilter Factor 4- StopsClick on the link below for a comparable filter at a lower price:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231030568257&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:ITWhy You Need Tiffen Optical Filters There is something to be said for creating images at the moment of exposurethe way most of the worlds greatest pictures have been made. Tiffen optical filters let you do just that, by being able to preview the effect youll get when it matters mostwhen youre behind the camera.There is nothing wrong with using electronic plug-in filter programs that let you add effects or manipulate the image after its taken. But if you really want to own the final images you compose, theres no substitute for Tiffen optical filters. Theyre simply unsurpassed when it comes to controlling color balance and special effects with precision, repeatability, and convenience.Its important to remember that filtering the light, before it passes through the lens and strikes the image sensor or film, has important advantages. It lets you match the brightness range of the scene to the characteristics of the capture medium, and get professional quality results even under tough lighting conditions. Tiffen Polarizing filters actually polarize the light, to eliminate reflections on glass and water surfaces while retaining sub-surface details. Neither of these effects are possible with after-the-fact plug-in filter systems, which can only provide filter effects, not true light filtration.Why Tiffen Filters Are Superior Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings. The ColorCore process allows us to control the color and density of Tiffen filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations.When Tiffen filters are ground and polished, the ColorCore is unaffected, so color and density remain uniform. Indeed, when you hold a group of Tiffen filters of the same type against a white sheet of paper, they all look identicalbecause they are! Try this with our competitors filters and youre likely to see slight variations.Maybe thats why most top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions, or why we can custom-make an exact replacement for them if one breaks on the job. Thats consistency, and excellencetwo pretty good reasons why, when it comes to filters, you should rely on Tiffen too.See the Difference Tiffen Filters MakeTiffen filters make a big difference indoors, outdoors, in close-up portraits or milewide landscapes, in bright sun or shade, and in many other photo situations?the right Tiffen filter delivers a great image instead of a snapshot. Whether youre shooting photos or video, in black and white or color, Tiffen filters offer a variety of subtle, special and spectacular effects to give you more enjoyment every time you use your camera or camcorder.
- Can be used to lengthen exposure time, creating effects such as the white foaming water in landscape photos that seems almost in motion
- For lenses with 52mm filter threads
- Increases depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, separating subjects from their background
- ND 0.6 factor exposure adjustment = 2 stops -- reduces ISO 1/4
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.