The DR-701D is TASCAM's flagship recorder for single-shooter video production. A timecode generator is included for location reference, which can be jam synced from a SMPTE generator, camera, or smart slate. The HDMI in and out allows a DSLR camera to start recording on both devices, and video clock prevents drift between sound and picture. Four mic inputs can be individually recorded and mixed to a stereo track, for a total of six-track recording. For additional tracks, multiple units can be cascaded together. The lightweight yet rigid chassis is forged from a magnesium alloy. Tripod mounts on the top and bottom of the unit allow the unit to mount under a camera, attach to a follow-focus cage, or used stand-alone. Designed for the needs of professional filmmakers, television producers, advertisers, and documentarians, the DR-701D packs high quality multitrack recording into a package compact enough for use with any camera. Product Features: SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used for recording media. 6 maximum simultaneous recording tracks MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST and DUAL2MIX recording modes Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1/48/96/192kHz (WAV/BWF) (192kHz only for two-track recording) Built-in original TASCAM HDDA mic preamps provide high audio quality Input levels can be adjusted separately for each track XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and 24/48V phantom power Clock and record start/stop can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI port DR-701D audio signal can be output to an external camera or recorder from the HDMI OUT or line output Cascade function using HDMI connections allows multiple DR-701D transport and monitoring operations SMPTE Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector to add recording start times to files Timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input Plug-in power mics and high output mics (EXT IN 1/2) supported OUT (CAMERA OUT) connector can output audio mixed by the DR-701D to a DSLR camera IN (CAMERA IN) connector enables monitoring the sound from a DSLR camera through the DR-701D High quality audio output through a line output jack separate from the headphones jack Headphones jack with 50mW+50mW maximum output Tripod attachment threads (bottom), camera screw attachment that can be installed or removed with a coin (top) and shoe mount (top) included Handles on the left and right sides of the front protect the control surface and also enable attachment of a shoulder strap Transport and SLATE buttons made of rubber suppress noise during operation HOLD switch prevents misoperation 128 x 64-dot graphic LCD with backlight LED lights have high visibility even in direct sunlight High-speed transfer of files to computers possible using USB 2.0 Micro-B type USB cable included Powered by 4 AA batteries, USB bus power or a PS-P515U AC adapter (sold separately) BP-6AA external battery pack (sold separately) enables operation for even longer times Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wireless remote control can be connected (both sold separately) Built-in mixer enables pan and level adjustments as well as solo monitoring and can output a mix of 4 channels GANG function allows the levels of multiple channels to be controlled simultaneously Individual channel trim settings shown 5-position low-cut filter (50/80/120/180/220 Hz) cuts unwanted low frequencies Multiband limiter automatically adjusts input overloads (stereo-linking possible with 1/L and 2/R) Delay function can compensate for distances between mics (+/-150 ms) Mid-side decoder function enables use with mid-side stereo mics Slate tone insertion functions (AUTO/MANUAL) Slate tone insertion points can be selected (recording start or recording start and stop when slate AUTO function used)
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.