Tele Vue Barlows: "An Optically Perfect Window " Properly designed Barlows do wonderful things. First, they amplify power while retaining the eyepiece's eye-relief. Second, they slow the telescope's f/#, which improves eyepiece sharpness. Third, the designer can introduce compensations for eyepiece aberrations. The 2.5X Powermate Barlow is a 4-element parfocal, compact amplifying lens system. POWERMATE consists of a negative achromatic doublet plus a positive "pupil-correcting" doublet. While it looks and functions like a Barlow, your eyepiece will operate with pupil locations where the designer intended, avoiding mismatch problems. POEWRMATE optimally mates its power to your eyepieces. No additional "interface lens" is needed, since POWERMATES have it built-in. In addition to full multi-coating, POWERMATE includes other Tele Vue special touches such as a safety undercut on the chrome barrell, and captive lock screws that can't fall out. Tele Vue's 100% QC program at f/4 insures that POWERMATE will add dramatic power (and NOTHING ELSE) to your favorite eyepieces. If, for example, you own a 22mm Panoptic, you'll have the power of an 8.8mm focal length eyepiece with the 2.5x POWERMATE. The POWERMATES are constructed to be parfocal with Tele Vue's 1-1/4" 90 degree diagonal (often used in Ranger telescopes) adding convenience not previously available with any Barlow. The 2.5X POWERMATE has no filter threads Dobsonian/Newtonian owners usin g Tele Vue's Paracorr coma corrector should place the 2.5x or 5x POWERMATE (or Tele Vue 2x or 3x 1-1/4" Barlows) into the Paracorr's 1-1/4" adapter (i.e., between the Paracorr and the eyepiece). For 4x POWERMATE (or Tele Vue 2x Big Barlow), first insert the 4x POWERMATE into the focuser, then the Paracorr into the 4x POWERMATE. This Version accepts the Tele Vue PTR-1250 T-ring Adapter for close coupling cameras and CCD Imagers. For imaging , the user simply unscrews the eyepiece holder barrel and screws on the T-Ring Adapter instead
- Accepts T-Ring Adapter
- All will reach parfocal point in star diagonals, except for the 2", 2x which comes very close.
- Flexible for visual and imaging with all types of telescopes and eyepieces
- Flexible for visual and imaging with all types of telescopes and eyepieces. Essentially Parfocal, and with nearly constant magnification regardless of image distance behind top surface (except 5x model which increases 1x for every 35mm of image distance i
- High performance for image amplification, CCD or film
- High performance for image amplification, CCD or film (some of the finest Earth-based planetary imaging is being done with Powermates).
- Higher magnifications are possible with high optical performance compared to "doubling up" Barlows.
- Latest Version, Accepts the T-Ring Adapter
- Telecentric operation (field rays leave parallel to optical axis, unlike Barlow lenses which diverge rays). This is ideal for Hydrogen-alpha filter use such as with Daystar models.
- Telecentric operation ideal for Hydrogen-alpha filter use such as with Daystar models
- Vignetting, edge field aberrations and pupil movement - all introduced when using Barlows with long focal length eyepieces, are minimized.
- Vignetting, edge field aberrations and pupil movement are minimized
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.