Toughest in the Field. Fast and Secure Anywhere.With the LaCie Rugged RAID, you get it all in one package - with zero tradeoffs. It delivers a game-changing blend of PC and Mac compatibility, capacity, speed, mobility, and reliability. As the ultimate solution for on-the-go professionals, the LaCie Rugged adapts to your needs for performance or complete data security. More Speed, Less WaitingWhen getting the win hinges on speed, you need Thunderbolt - the fastest interface on the market. The LaCie Rugged also includes two internal hard drives that are preconfigured in hardware RAID 0 for sustained performance of up to 240 MB/s. At this speed, you can store and transfer content twice as fast as before. It's a time-slashing solution for field-based professionals who collect and move tons of data onto external storage. Versatility Anywhere, on Any ComputerTailor the LaCie Rugged to your precise needs. Leave it in RAID 0 (striped mode) to maximize speed and capacity. Or choose RAID 1 (mirrored mode), where your data is duplicated across the two drives. So even if a drive fails in the field, your files remain completely accessible. Using LaCie Setup Assistant, it's incredibly easy to make the LaCie Rugged compatible with any Mac computer, PC, or both. And with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces and hardware RAID, any computer will recognize the LaCie Rugged. It lets you transport a massive amount of data - with complete security - and access it freely from any computer. Innovative Design for True MobilityLaCie has designed acclaimed Rugged storage products for nearly a decade. With the Rugged RAID, LaCie makes your data more mobile than ever. Carry fewer hard drives, fewer cables, and encounter zero roadblocks. Rugged DesignThe LaCie Rugged is tested to withstand drops (in non-operating mode) of up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) and being run over by a 1-ton car. So whether the LaCie Rugged falls out of your backpack or is crushed by stacks of suitcases in the airplane cargo hold, your data remains safe. Integrated Thunderbolt CableEnsure you never lose your cable, stow it neatly when not in use, while saving space in your luggage. Massive Capacity, Compact Footprint4 TB in a portable size, the LaCie Rugged can store the equivalent of thirty 128 GB memory cards. Capacity finally meets mobility. Protective CapWith its cap in place, the LaCie Rugged is IP 54-rated for superior resistance to dust and water splashing - even during operation. So even during a dust storm or tropical downpour, you stay confident that your data remains accessible. No Power Cable NeededPowered through the thunderbolt cable, the LaCie Rugged lets you access your data anywhere- no power outlet required. Hardware RaidThe LaCie Rugged's RAID system is operating system independent, so any computer recognizes it (assuming the file system you've chosen is compatible with the OS). Secure BackupThe LaCie Rugged includes everything professionals need for secure backup in the field: A backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine and Windows Backup. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you password-protect the entire drive or only certain volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
- It is 2.5 inches of Portable SSD "rugged Thunderbolt+USB3.0" equipped with two interfaces of Thunderbolt and USB3.0.
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.