Linksys AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
With the Linksys AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily eliminate dead zones and expand the range of your existing wireless router and take advantage of Wireless-AC performance.
Using Spot Finder Technology on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you can quickly determine optimal placement of the extender in relation to your router. The AC1200 AMPLIFY will then repeat the signal from your router and redistribute it to reduce wireless dead spots with a combination of Crossband and Beamforming technologies.
Not only does Wireless-AC performance allow you to stream videos and play online games without interruption, you can even stream audio from your smartphone using the extender's audio jack. The addition of a convenient pass-through power outlet allows you to keep your power outlets free for use.
Technical Information / Disclaimers
- Spot Finder Technology to show where to place the range extender using a mobile device for optimum performance and a quick, easy setup
- Expands wireless coverage area up to 10,000 square feet
- Speed of up to N300 + AC867 Mbps. The AC1200 AMPLIFY is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router or gateway, including hardware from Internet service providers, and there's no need to adjust your router's settings when installing the extender.
- Cross band Technology maximizes simultaneous use of both bands
- Beam forming focuses and strengthens the Wi-Fi signal
- Wirelessly stream music anywhere in your home using a smart device with the Wi-Fi Audio feature
- Pass-through functionality allows you to maintain use of the wall outlet
*Range specifications are based on performance test results under normal use case conditions. Actual ranges will increase or decrease depending on wireless obstructions, operating environments, and building material. Wireless coverage claims are used only as reference and are not guaranteed as each wireless network is unique.
**Up to 2.8x faster physical data rate when compared to 802.11n Wi-Fi routers using two antennas to transmit and receive data. Actual speeds will vary depending on a number of factors. In order to achieve the best performance, router must be used with a compatible AC867 wireless device.
2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1 or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher.