Take a massive reading library on-the-go with the Kindle 6" eReader. This Kindle has a 6" anti-glare screen that allows you to read content in direct sunlight and a 167 ppi resolution for displaying clear and crisp text. The Kindle's internal storage can hold up to 4GB of content giving you plenty of space to build a large library of books. If 4GB is not enough, you can store that material for free in the Amazon cloud and download it as needed. You can browse the Kindle library and download books without a computer utilizing the Kindles's 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Kindle uses an electronic ink screen that looks and reads like real paper. The matte screen reflects light like ordinary paper and uses no backlighting, so you can read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room. The Kindle's screen has no glare. Lighter Than a Paperback
- At less than 6 ounces, Kindle is designed to make it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand for extended periods of time. One-Month Battery Life
- Kindle does not require power to maintain a page of text, allowing you to read for up to a month on a single charge, with wireless off and a half hour of reading per day, versus hours on a tablet or smart phone. Sharp, Clear Text
- Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp, print-like text similar to what you see in a physical book. The screen's 100% aperture ratio means no gaps between pixels. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving image quality. Easy on the Eyes
- Every time your eyes switch from a bright screen to a dimmer, ambient room, your eyes have to adjust, which may result in fatigue. With Kindle the page is the same brightness as everything else in the room so there's no adjustment needed. Read in Any Position
- When you read for long periods of time, you often switch positions to get more comfortable. Kindle has a uniform contrast ratio that does not change with your viewing angle, so you can read in any position. Buy Once, Read Everywhere
- Enjoy your purchased content in any way you choose. Kindle books can be read on Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android devices, BlackBerry, Mac, PC, or web browsers with free Kindle Reading Apps. Borrow From Your Public Library
- Borrow Kindle books from your public library and start reading on your Kindle. Adjustable Text Sizes, Font Choices
- Kindle has eight adjustable text sizes to suit your reading preference. You can increase the text size of your favorite book or periodical with the push of a button. If your eyes tire, simply increase the font size and continue reading comfortably. Kindle also has three font styles to choose from - all optimized and hand-tuned to provide the best reading experience. Real Page Numbers
- You can match the pages of a Kindle book to the text in a print book to identify the corresponding "real" page number. Easily reference and cite passages or read alongside others. 5-Way Controller
- Kindle's 5-way controller is designed for ease-of-use, enabling precise on-screen navigation for selecting text to highlight or looking up words. Organize Your Library
- Organize your Kindle library into customized collections, or categories, to easily access any book you are looking for. You can add an item to multiple collections to make organizing and finding titles even easier. Built-in Dictionary with Instant Lookup
- Come across a word you don't know? Kindle includes The New Oxford American Dictionary with over 250,000 entries and definitions for free. Kindle lets you instantly lookup the definition without ever leaving the book - simply select the word with the cursor and the definition will automatically display at the bottom of the screen. Carry and Read Your Personal Documents
- Kindle makes it easy to take your personal documents with you, eliminating the need to print. You and your approved contacts can e-mail documents - including Word, PDF and more - directly to your Kindle and read them in Kindle format. You can also send documents to your Kindle using Send to Kindle. Bookmarks and Annotations
- Add annotations to text, just like you might write in the margins of a book, with a virtual keyboard that appears just when you need it. And because Kindle books are digital, you can edit, delete, and export your notes. You can highlight and clip key passages and bookmark pages for future use. You don't need to bookmark your last place in the book, because Kindle remembers for you and always opens to the last page you read. Games and Applications
- Take a break from reading to enjoy a selection of great games and applications specially designed for Kindle, like Every Word, Grid Detective, and My Checklist. Parental Controls
- Parental Controls allow you to restrict access to the Kindle Store, Archived Items, and Experimental Web Browser. Special Offers
- You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle. Offers display on the Kindle screensaver and on the bottom of the home screen while not in use - they don't interrupt reading.
- Display: Amazon's 6" display with Pearl e-paper technology, 167 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale
- Size: 6.7" x 4.7" x 0.40" (169 mm x 119 mm x 10.2 mm)
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (191 grams)
- System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content
- On-Device Storage: 4 GB; holds thousands of books
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to four weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle User Guide (pre-installed on device) [PDF]. Additional information in multiple languages available online
- Included in the Box: Kindle, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide
- Monitor Display Type : LED
- Product Model : kindle 7th generation
Return and Tax Policies
Items must be returned in the original manufacturer's packaging. We strongly recommend you keep your packaging for at least the first 90 days after purchase.
• We offer a 30 day return policy on all items. (unless stated otherwise in the listing)
• Video games must be returned unopened. If the item is defective, it can be returned within 15 days with a receipt and the original packaging. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same title.
• All returns must be in original condition and must include the original packaging and content in tact.
• Returns must be packed in proper packaging to avoid damage to the item or it original packaging.
• For any return request please contact us to receive a RMA number and return instructions.
• 10% restocking fee may apply.
• Please allow 3-5 business days after we receive your package to process your return.
• Any returns that violate this return policy will not be accepted and will be sent back at customers expense.
The following electronics items must be returned within 15 days of receipt:
Printers (including 3D printers)
3D printing supplies and products
Digital music players
Portable video players
Video Game Consoles
Please note that a sales tax of 9.25% will be applied to all orders shipped within the state of California.