Travelstar 5K1000 is the seventh generation self-encrypting drive (SED) to feature Hitachi's Bulk Data Encryption. The SED encrypts data using protected keys in real time, providing users the highest level of data protection available. It also speeds and simplifies drive re-purposing. By deleting the encryption key, the data on the drive is rendered unreadable, thereby eliminating the need for time-consuming data-overwrite. For information about the SED models designed to the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal Storage Security specification, please contact your Hitachi representative.
- 1 Terabyte storage capacity
- SATA interface
- 6.0 Gb/s transfer rate
- 5400 RPM spindle speed
- 8 MB buffer
- 5.5 ms average latency
- 12 ms read seek time
- 2.5-inch form factor
- 9.5 mm drive height
- Low power consumption
- Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC)
- TrueTrack technology
- Quiet acoustics
- Advanced Format, 512 byte emulation
- Notebook PCs
- External storage
- Gaming Consoles
- Small-form-factor video devices
- Blade servers (EA)
- Network routers
- Video Surveillance
- Power Specifications:
- 5V, 700mA DC
- Package Includes:
- Hitachi Travelstar 5K1000 1 Terabyte SATA/600 5400RPM 8MB 2.5" Hard Drive
- Monitor Display Type : LED
- Product Model : HTS541010A9E680
Return and Tax Policies
Items must be returned in the original manufacturer's packaging. We strongly recommend you keep your packaging for at least the first 90 days after purchase.
• We offer a 30 day return policy on all items. (unless stated otherwise in the listing)
• Video games must be returned unopened. If the item is defective, it can be returned within 15 days with a receipt and the original packaging. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same title.
• All returns must be in original condition and must include the original packaging and content in tact.
• Returns must be packed in proper packaging to avoid damage to the item or it original packaging.
• For any return request please contact us to receive a RMA number and return instructions.
• 10% restocking fee may apply.
• Please allow 3-5 business days after we receive your package to process your return.
• Any returns that violate this return policy will not be accepted and will be sent back at customers expense.
The following electronics items must be returned within 15 days of receipt:
Printers (including 3D printers)
3D printing supplies and products
Digital music players
Portable video players
Video Game Consoles
Please note that a sales tax of 9.25% will be applied to all orders shipped within the state of California.