The evidence is in--to solve Windows crime, you need Windows tools
An arcane pursuit a decade ago, forensic science today is a household term. And while the computer forensic analyst may not lead as exciting a life as TV's CSIs do, he or she relies just as heavily on scientific principles and just as surely solves crime.
Whether you are contemplating a career in this growing field or are already an analyst in a Unix/Linux environment, this book prepares you to combat computer crime in the Windows world. Here are the tools to help you recover sabotaged files, track down the source of threatening e-mails, investigate industrial espionage, and expose computer criminals.
* Identify evidence of fraud, electronic theft, and employee Internet abuse
* Investigate crime related to instant messaging, Lotus Notes(r), and increasingly popular browsers such as Firefox(r)
* Learn what it takes to become a computer forensics analyst
* Take advantage of sample forms and layouts as well as case studies
* Protect the integrity of evidence
* Compile a forensic response toolkit
* Assess and analyze damage from computer crime and process the crime scene
* Develop a structure for effectively conducting investigations
* Discover how to locate evidence in the Windows Registry
- Number of Pages : 0382
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons
- Book Format : Paperback
|Brand||John Wiley & Sons Inc|
|Manufacturer||John Wiley & Sons Inc|
Return and Tax Policies
All of our books have a 110% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. If you're not happy with your purchase, please contact our Customer Service department within 5 days of receipt of your order.
Create an email ticket with our customer service team. Be sure to include "Buy.com - Returns, refunds, or replacements" in the subject line. Include your order information with the email. Please send all emails to email@example.com.
Our Customer Service department will determine if a price adjustment or refund is warranted and respond back with your Return Authorization Number. We do not accept returns without a customer service Return Authorization Number (RAN).
Please note, music CDs, audio books, videos and software cannot be returned once opened.