Easy 30-Day Returns Policy
We care about your satisfaction. That's why returns to Circuit City are fast & easy! If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Circuit City within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below:
Personal Hygiene Products
Such as razors, shavers, trimmers and toothbrushes are not eligible for return after they are opened.
New desktops, laptops, or tablets purchased from Circuit City that didn't start when they arrived, arrived in damaged condition, or is still in an unopened box can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
Circuit City will test computers that are returned because they didn't start when they arrived and impose a customer fee equal to 20 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product.
Any returned desktop, laptop or tablet that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering may result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Circuit City reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge up to a 20% restocking fee.
- Returns must be received by Circuit City within 30 calendar days from the date of receipt. Products received later than this date cannot be accepted for return.
- All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories.
- Products returned in damaged or unacceptable condition (this includes the product's packaging) will be returned to the customer without exchange or refund.
- All returns for refund are subject to a refund minus a restocking fee of up to 20%. Condition will be assessed at the discretion of Circuit City.
- Products returned with serial numbers which do not match the serial numbers on package or recorded on our invoice will not be acceptable and sent back to the customer. Circuit City maintains a serial number database.
- Circuit City is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Circuit City is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise purchased from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
- Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
Items sold by Circuit City that are shipped to destinations in the following states may be subject to tax:
- New Jersey
- New York
The amount of tax charged on your order depends the shipment or delivery address of your order.
The tax rate applied to your order will be the combined state and local rates of the address where your order is delivered to. However, the destination of your order's delivery will often determine if tax is applicable. For example, if you live in a state that does not impose a sales tax, you may still see tax calculated on your order if shipped to another state.