Tripp Lite 5M Fiber Optic Mode Conditioning Patch Cable SC/SC 16' 16ft 5 Meter - SC Male - SC Male - 16.4ft - Yellow, Orange
Tripp Lites Mode Conditioning Cables are designed for use in Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-LX applications. They are fully compliant with IEEE 802.3z application standards. Mode Conditioning Cables are needed in applications where new high-speed Gigabit 1000BASE-LX routers and switches are being deployed into existing multimode plants. The need for this patch cord is due to the single-mode launch nature of the -LX or long-wave (1300 nm) transceiver modules used for Gigabit Ethernet. Launching a single-mode laser into the center of a multimode fiber can cause multiple signals to be generated that confuses the receiver at the other end of the fiber. These multiple signals, caused by Differential Mode Delay (DMD) effects, severely limit the cable distance lengths for operating Gigabit Ethernet. A mode conditioning patch cord eliminates these multiple signals by allowing the single-mode launch to be offset away from the center of a multimode fiber.
- Product Type Network Cable
- Manufacturer Part Number N426-05M
- Manufacturer Tripp Lite
- Product Name Mode Conditioning Fiber Optic Patch Cable
- Brand Name Tripp Lite
- Package Contents
- Mode Conditioning Fiber Optic Patch Cable
- 5 Meter SC/SC Mode Conditioning Cable
- Color Yellow
- Color Orange
- Cable Length 16.40 ft
- Cable Characteristic Patch Cable
- Connector on First End 2 x SC Male
- Connector on Second End 2 x SC Male
- Cable Type Fiber Optic
- Limited Warranty Lifetime
Return and Tax Policies
Your satisfaction is guaranteed:
Tech for Less offers a generous 30 day return policy to insure that you are satisfied with your purchase. An RMA number must be requested within 30 days of the order date. For non-defective returns, the customer is responsible for their original and return shipping costs and they may be subject to a 15% restock fee.
- All products carry a manufacturer warranty unless specifically otherwise noted. Tech for Less, not the customer, arranges for and pays all shipping costs related to authorized defective returns.
Colorado residents are subject to sales tax.