StarTech.com 2 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART - 2 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-232 Serial PCI Express
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot. The PEX2S553 PCI Express serial card lets you turn a PCI Express slot into 2 RS232 (DB9) serial ports. Based on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card (PEX2S553) is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4 and above. Plus, the serial card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in any PCI Express slot, regardless of the size of the computer case.
- Product Type Serial Adapter
- Manufacturer Part Number PEX2S553
- Manufacturer StarTech.com
- Product Model PEX2S553
- Product Name 2 Port PCIe Serial Adapter Card with 16550
- Brand Name StarTech.com
- Package Contents
- 2 Port PCIe Serial Adapter Card with 16550
- Standard and Low profile/half-height Bracket
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
- Environmental Certification RoHS
- Form Factor Plug-in Card
- Card Height Dual-profile
- Host Interface PCI Express
- Platform Supported PC
- Limited Warranty 2 Year
- Environmental Certification : RoHS
Return and Tax Policies
Within 15 days of delivery, you may return items purchased from Technology Galaxy, provided they are in new condition with original packaging and accessories. Exceptions include software, memory, laptops, computer drives, HP Printers, and CPU's, which must be unopened. Canon and Panasonic Scanners, HP Printers, along with Lenovo and Panasonic laptops are non-returnable. Returns must be postmarked within 30 days of original shipment date. All shipment damages must be reported to Technology Galaxy within 7 days of delivery date, in order for a damage claim to be filed with the carrier. To return an item to our company, please follow the steps below:
1. Fill out and submit the following Returns Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Request Form: http://www.tekgalaxy.com/rma.cfm
2. After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation message, confirming that your request was received. If you do not receive this message, your request did not go through.
3. Our returns team will email your RMA to you, which will include instructions on how and where to return the merchandise. If you do not receive an email response within 3 business days, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the status, as certain email programs may treat our emails as “junk”.
Technology Galaxy does not refund original shipping charges. The returned merchandise will be credited to your original payment method. We will deduct a 15% restocking fee from your order refund, along with the original shipping charges.
If a product is deemed defective, the customer may contact the manufacturer in order to have the item replaced or serviced according to the manufacturer warranty. Should the customer decide to request a replacement from Technology Galaxy, then all return rules listed above apply, with the exception of the 15% restocking fee. Instead, Technology Galaxy will ship out a replacement once the defective item is received and processed by our returns team. If a refund is requested in lieu of a replacement, then the restocking fee reapplies.
Thank you. If you have any questions, please call us at (702) 792-2111 or e-mail us at email@example.com
California, Massachusetts, and Nevada state residents are subject to sales tax.