Ageing has traditionally been seen as ubiquitous decline - all 'doom and gloom'. The Psychology of Growing Old challenges this view and shows how our own attitudes and values may serve to perpetuate it. The book uses the research literature of gerontology - the multidisciplinary study of ageing and later life - to involve the reader in considering his or her own future and that of others. It examines the potential that ageing and later life have to be a rewarding experience - something to look forward to - rather than something to be denied and rejected. Unlike other books in the area, The Psychology of Growing Old places the reader centre stage as someone who can influence the future of ageing. It will be of interest to a wide range of professionals in health and social services who work with older people; and relevant to many student courses with ageing as a focus, whether in psychology, sociology, nursing, gerontology, social work or the medical professions.
- Book Format : Paperback
- Number of Pages : 0178
- Publisher : Open University Press
|Brand||Open University Press|
|Manufacturer||Open University Press|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.