This 121st IMA volume, entitled MATHEMATICAL MODELS FOR BIOLOGICAL PATTERN FORMATION is the first of a new series called FRONTIERS IN APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS. The FRONTIERS volumes are motivated by IMA pro? grams and workshops, but are specially planned and written to provide an entree to and assessment of exciting new areas for the application of mathematical tools and analysis. The emphasis in FRONTIERS volumes is on surveys, exposition and outlook, to attract more mathematicians and other scientists to the study of these areas and to focus efforts on the most important issues, rather than papers on the most recent research results aimed at an audience of specialists. The present volume of peer-reviewed papers grew out of the 1998-99 IMA program on "Mathematics in Biology," in particular the Fall 1998 em? phasis on "Theoretical Problems in Developmental Biology and Immunol? ogy." During that period there were two workshops on Pattern Formation and Morphogenesis, organized by Professors Murray, Maini and Othmer. James Murray was one of the principal organizers for the entire year pro? gram. I am very grateful to James Murray for providing an introduction, and to Philip Maini and Hans Othmer for their excellent work in planning and preparing this first FRONTIERS volume. I also take this opportunity to thank the National Science Foundation, whose financial support of the IMA made the Mathematics in Biology pro? gram possible.
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Number of Pages : 0327
- eBooks : Kobo
- Publisher : Springer
- Series Part : 121
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.