Rorden Wilkinson explores the factors behind the collapse of World Trade Organisation (WTO) ministerials ? as in Seattle in 1999 and Cancun in 2003 ? and asks why such events have not significantly disrupted the development of the multilateral trading system.
He argues that the political conflicts played out during such meetings, their occasional collapse and the reasons why such events have so far not proven detrimental to the development of the multilateral trading system can be explained by examining the way in which the institution was created and has developed through time.
In addition, this new text:
- explores the development of the multilateral trading system from the creation of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in 1947 to the WTO?s Hong Kong ministerial in December 2005
- examines the way in which the interaction of member states has been structured by the institution?s development
- assesses the impact of institutional practices and procedures on the heightening of political tensions
- and explains why WTO ministerials exhibit a propensity to collapse but why the breakdown of a meeting has so far not prevented the institution from moving forward
This book will be of interest to scholars and students of international politics, economics and law
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Number of Pages : 0175
- eBooks : Kobo
- Publisher : Routledge
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.