The spoken language is the most important means of human information transmission. Thus, as we enter the age of the Information Society, the use of the man-machine interface through the spoken language becomes increasingly important. Due to the extent of the problems involved, however, full realization of such an interface calls for coordination of research efforts
beyond the scope of a single group or institution.
Thus a nationwide research project was conceived and started in 1987 as one of the first Priority Research Areas supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Japan. The
project was carried out in collaboration with over 190 researchers in Japan.
The present volume begins with an overview of the project, followed by 41 papers presented at the symposia. This work is expected to serve as an important source of information on each of the nine topics adopted for intensive study under the project.
This book will serve as a guideline for further work in the important scientific and technological field of spoken language processing.
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Number of Pages : 0544
- eBooks : Kobo
- Publisher : Elsevier Science & Technology
|Brand||Elsevier Science & Technology|
|Manufacturer||Elsevier Science & Technology|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.