This text is important both as one of the most interesting contributions to the liberalism of the German Enlightenment, and as the most significant source for the ideas which John Stuart Mill popularized in his essay On Liberty. Humboldts concern is to define the criteria by which the permissible limits of the states activities may be determined. His basic principle, like that of Mill, is that the only justification for government interference is the prevention of harm to others. He discusses in detail the role and limits of the states responsibility for the welfare, security and morals of its citizens. Humboldts special achievement in this work is to enlarge our sense of what a liberal political theory might be by his particularly sensitive grasp of the complexity of our attitudes to and our need of other people. Dr Burrow has based his translation on Coulthards version of 1854. In an important introduction, he provides a most perceptive as well as scholarly guide to Humboldts political thought. *Author: Humboldt, Wilhelm Von *Series Title: Cambridge Studies in the History and Theory of Politics *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 192 *Publication Date: 2008/12/11 *Language: English *Dimensions: 8.50 x 5.50 x 0.44 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Number of Pages : 0192
- Publisher : Cambridge University Press
|Brand||Cambridge University Press|
|Manufacturer||Cambridge University Press|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.